Stolen Ruby Elite Specialized 2009 -taken on 5/9/09 fromTooley Street, London Bridge, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mistral

Guru
ttcycle said:
puh automated ebay tosh... lets hope the fuzz get on this one...thanks all for the collective moment of citizen action...lol

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report a seller who you suspect is
offering stolen goods on eBay.

The sale of stolen goods is forbidden on eBay because it's against the
law to sell stolen property. eBay strongly supports law enforcement
efforts to recover stolen property listed on its website. However, we
can only investigate such a serious allegation if it comes from the
police.

If you believe that an item on eBay may be a stolen item, please inform
your local police and ask them to get in touch with us. The
investigating officer can then use the contact details provided in our
Safety Centre:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/law_enforcement.html

We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking a moment to
express your concern to us. Thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe,
fun place to shop.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

I've also reported it for what it's worth

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Just curious but would it be worth contacting the buyers on e-bay and letting them know they've probably bought stolen property? Just wonder if any of them actually care

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Unfortunately on higher priced items (though the bike went for a measley sum of just under £300- what a travesty!) they hide the identity of bidders.

Hope the police will chase it up but not holding my breath at this stage!

patheticshark

Hey tt,

Not the same situation, I foolishly bought a stolen bike off eBay recently (my fault, I assumed as it was a female seller (and therefore a logical size) with 100% positive feedback that she was the owner). Turns out the actual owner is the girlfriend of one of my housemate's colleagues. I've given her the bike back, but the police are being pretty good about investigating it - they've called me to get all the details of the sale and are investigating the seller at the moment. Will let you know how it turns out, and I know it's not quite the same situation but thought it might encourage you to know that they're doing something about it.

porteous

Veteran
E_Bay toe rag

Well seller sx151897 seems to have disappeared from E-Bay, which looks pretty like an admission of guilt unless E-Bay have suspended him.

If the buyer is honest then E-Bay will be able to say where they live. If this is your bike it remains your property (Sure that's already been said!).

I am still livid over my Rudge Pathfinder being stolen in Cambridge in 1967! My daughter (Mooba) had her first bike stolen a week or so in Edinburgh, she is really upset.

These scum deserve outing and their details being made public.

Good Luck!

tt

Just out of interest, did you try to contact the seller to arrange to view the bike as a potential buyer?

Its not certain they would have let you, but on the off chance they had:

1. You would have known for sure it was your bike

2. You would have known where the B*****D lived

porteous said:
Well seller sx151897 seems to have disappeared from E-Bay, which looks pretty like an admission of guilt unless E-Bay have suspended him.

If the buyer is honest then E-Bay will be able to say where they live. If this is your bike it remains your property (Sure that's already been said!).

I am still livid over my Rudge Pathfinder being stolen in Cambridge in 1967! My daughter (Mooba) had her first bike stolen a week or so in Edinburgh, she is really upset.

These scum deserve outing and their details being made public.

Good Luck!

No he/she is still there, another bike sale due to end shortly:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-S...ZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item1e59137ae3

Either a genuine seller or an extremely bold thief, all bikes are local pick up

carrock

Forgot to metion- when I aked the seller what the frame size was- he advised 18 inch-then he came back and said 45cm- with a handwritten receipt from the person he bought it from.....hmmmm

and what makes it worse, he's got 100% positive feedback, the cock!!

carrock said:
Forgot to metion- when I aked the seller what the frame size was- he advised 18 inch-then he came back and said 45cm- with a handwritten receipt from the person he bought it from.....hmmmm

and what makes it worse, he's got 100% positive feedback, the cock!!

18 inches is 45 cm (well 45.72)!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
still no word from the police- can't get through to them..have asked for another email to be sent internally...will be dropping by the local station to make a complaint and doing it that way so they have more paperwork to fill out rather than me writing to them.

I didn't bid af - it would have to be a pretty stupid thief to meet me at their home, though you'd be surprised with bike theft number one, the guy gave me his details and the police still didn't investigate..

handwritten reciept..i'm laughing at this!

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hey Carrock - got an email from the PC yesterday- thanks to Vike for the background work and for the contact details.

They're going to look at investigating the seller etc- so doubt will have any news immediately as it will take time. Not sure if much will come out of it as it's not really a priority but well have tried to put it on the radar. Will have to see.

Have you found the bike for your lady yet?

Top Bottom