Stolen Ruby Elite Specialized 2009 -taken on 5/9/09 fromTooley Street, London Bridge, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ttcycle said:
Hey Carrock - got an email from the PC yesterday- thanks to Vike for the background work and for the contact details.

They're going to look at investigating the seller etc- so doubt will have any news immediately as it will take time. Not sure if much will come out of it as it's not really a priority but well have tried to put it on the radar. Will have to see.

Have you found the bike for your lady yet?

Nice to see things moving eventually, its just a shame they had not been a bit quicker. You may have got your bike back!

carrock

ruby

Hi

Well I hope you get your bike back, and the thief is jailed!!

It's not finding a bike for my missis thats the problem- she wants a ruby elite in carbon/pink, to match her ghd hair straighteners, and that's it!!

They're widely available, but £1600 is about £600 too much in my opinion....

The Bianchi has been bid up to £300 on ebay, so hopefully will get a bit more for it.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
So it's not the carbon fibre frame, it's not the components but simply the colour? Would she take a different ie better bike in that colour scheme? Great ride but as I said some of the components have been downgraded for 2010. You could even take the ghd straightners (God forbid) and match the paint colour and have a frame re-done up. It's not as good as it was...shame she has her heart set on it for just the colour- seems mad!

Good luck with selling the bianchi!

carrock

ttcycle said:
So it's not the carbon fibre frame, it's not the components but simply the colour? Would she take a different ie better bike in that colour scheme? Great ride but as I said some of the components have been downgraded for 2010. You could even take the ghd straightners (God forbid) and match the paint colour and have a frame re-done up. It's not as good as it was...shame she has her heart set on it for just the colour- seems mad!

Good luck with selling the bianchi!

Must confess I am being a bit facetious- I bought myself a roubaix in August, and my wife test rode a 54 roubaix, and likes the ride quality- probably because of the carbon frame and the elastomer inserts in the seatstays and forks, compared to a stiff aluminium frame on the Bianchi

The fact the ruby is black and pink is a bonus!!

The only bike i can find with a similar spec to the Ruby is the Giant Avail Advanced, and they are £1750-£2750!!

Ideal would be finding an 09 Ruby for £1100, or a used one for less, which is why I was looking on e-bay.....

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Carrock if it's the colour you're after, a 09 version will be blue and black not the pink colour.

Good luck - hope you find something decent!!

carrock

ruby

think the 09 ruby elite was available in blue/carbon and pink/carbon

anyway its all academic as there's none left apart from a few in size 48

if she's not bloody careful, I'll be on the phone to sterlinghouse and she'll get a ladies full sus mountain bike in pink that weighs about 20kg.....

the 54 roubaix has the same geometry as the ruby but a 15mm shortertoptube, and i can get an 09 elite for £1100- but no good apparently:angry:

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
2009 ones were mainly blue black - the komen pink (yuk yuk!!) was a limited edition and when I contacted Specialized after the first Ruby was stolen in April/March(yes it's an eye rolling moment) they said they were only selling off 2008 stock as 2009 bikes - it was the blue black model that was selling.

What is the height of you gf?

carrock

ruby

couldn't possibly comment on the height of my gf but my wife is 5ft 5!!:laugh:

seems quite happy with 53cm bianchi and tried out 54cm roubaix so I think 54cm ruby would be fine

carrock

Just been looking at his recent trading history- if they can't arrest him for bike theft, surely buying rhinestone nipple covers and a push-up bra deserves a custodial sentence

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Clearly I have been fobbed off by the shitholes that work for the London MET..investigation my arse - they can't be bothered to do their job another bike for Gods sake.

MAKES ME SO F****ING ANGRY

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well emailed the police office telling him person is still trading and asking him for solid evidence of what has been done since nov 24 - considering the Met are supposed to have a special ebay crimes unit.

If there's another attempt to fob me off - I will be f***ing hitting the roof and taking them with me this time. Enough sh1te - I've had it up to here.

potsy

Rambler
I'm predicting a good 2010 for you tt,sounds like you've had more than your fair share of crap for one year.Hope it all gets sorted for you.

Top Bottom