Stolen Ruby Elite Specialized 2009 -taken on 5/9/09 fromTooley Street, London Bridge, London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
my god..the seller has just put a specialized tarmac elite on ebay for £500

According to buyer feedback - this person has sold another two bikes since I told the police- and I assume there have been others sold who haven't given feedback as the buyer of my bike hasn't given feedback

Tynan

Veteran
Perhaps the person selling these will be someone doing just that, perhaps she's someone's girlfriend or mum or sister

as an aside, I wouldn't dream of locking a decent bike up in the street in London ever, there's a van roaming around with suitable kit nicking all the time I think

Crankarm

Guru
ttcycle said:
my god..the seller has just put a specialized tarmac elite on ebay for £500

According to buyer feedback - this person has sold another two bikes since I told the police- and I assume there have been others sold who haven't given feedback as the buyer of my bike hasn't given feedback

Time to use the c word - complaint, me thinks. Or get Vike to go down with a CC possy in tow :smile:. Then we can D-lock him (or her) while of course we distract Vike and get your bike back tt.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
my bike has long gone to the idiot who purchased it-god knows if the west london police will even bother to lift a finger to get the seller

HobbesChoice

What's quite odd with that seller is if you look at their feedback and then click to view the item (when it's definitely under 90 days old) 2 of the 3 listings have been removed before their time, I assume to avoid showing any evidence for longer than is absolutely necessary to them! There's only one sale that's still viewable.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Harbonite

I don't think the police even care about this. Long live the bike thief according to them. Useless.

This idiot will continue to sell stolen bikes and have no consequence from it.

If you could handle the hassle, I'd say now is the time to get the press involved. This would bring the police to account better than any complaint would, IMO.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
magnatom said:
If you could handle the hassle, I'd say now is the time to get the press involved. This would bring the police to account better than any complaint would, IMO.

I'm with Magnatom on this....Pity I'm not London based really

bauldbairn

Harbornite said:
The cross dressing bike thief...ooops sorry... the upstanding member of the ebay community has the Specialized Tarmac Elite back on again

This whole unsavoury episode has really opened my eyes as to what goes on, on ebay. :wacko:

ttcycle said:
I don't think the police even care about this. Long live the bike thief according to them. Useless.

This idiot will continue to sell stolen bikes and have no consequence from it.

I agree - but ebay must also shoulder some responsibility. :smile:

magnatom said:

+1, it appears to be the only option left.

Vikeonabike said:
I'm with Magnatom on this....Pity I'm not London based really

+2 then Vike!

Top Bottom