Store loyalty card - odd goings on (now a reply from store)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been to a well known store today. Bought some goods and went to till and asked it I had or wanted a loyalty card. "No thank you"

I was then told that they have to scan this 'dummy' card.

Well I checked my receipt later and found for some reason that my loyalty card statement (that I don't have) has over 1000 points on it with a cash value so far of over £10.

Wondering what your thoughts are on this as I know what mine are.

The till operator has their own card they are using.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Could be as above, or possible a card they use for charities (the coop used to have a bin where you put your unwanted divvi stamps in for charity). But, if charity, they should have stated it. Worth a chat with the store manager maybe, to find out why if nothing else.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
if it was for charity then say it's for charity, not "we have to use this 'dummy' card".

I know it's not a lot but I really do not like the misleading and the apparent dishonesty of it.

I would presume that it's the workers card and by saying its a dummy card they have to use, they don't want to get caught.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Why bother taking this to the store manager. It's not costing you anything and if the staff member is collecting "your" points onto their card you're not complicit and in any case you're not bothered about collecting the points

Unless you're wanting the store manager to take action against the member of staff of course. That's the only result of raising it with them

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
Why bother taking this to the store manager. It's not costing you anything and if the staff member is collecting "your" points onto their card you're not complicit and in any case you're not bothered about collecting the points

Unless you're wanting the store manager to take action against the member of staff of course. That's the only result of raising it with them

To be honest, if the person had said can I put this on my card, at least I had the option to say yes or no.
but maybe for those that don't want to collect points they could have a 'charity card'.

Be subtle(ish)
Write to the store congratulating them on the Charity card?

Reactions: mjr

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
To be honest, if the person had said can I put this on my card, at least I had the option to say yes or no.
but maybe for those that don't want to collect points they could have a 'charity card'.

Sure I can see that. So you just have to decide whether to say nothing or say something. In saying something you're raising the prospect of the cashier being fired. It's your call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom