Strava - routes on phone (Android)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chernij

Is this possible?!

I work all over the place and like to have routes on my cycle app. I used to use Endomondo which was great; I could put in saved routes and follow them on a map whilst commuting.

Ideally I want an app that I can commute with, with GPS tracking and an ability to follow a route; Endomondo was good but didn't give a feature I want which is Strava-esque; knowing what my best times are?

I wanted to try out Strava but can't find anything about being able to follow a route on its map... Any ideas?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
All roads lead to garmin

nazzurro19

i have it on my s4 but i cant say ive ever seen an option to follow a route, i know you can do it online but if someone can figure out if this works id love to have this feature

sorry i couldnt help to much

paul04

Über Member
Another thing you have to think about is battery life. if you use your phone to say follow a route, depending on how long your journey is, the battery would not last that long. Normally you would run the app, stick the phone in your pocket, so the app is just running in the background and not using much power.

So as the others have said a Garmin might be better for you.

Map my ride is worth a look. I wanted to be able to plot routes to follow and you can do that. I've plotted and saved a few and now i need to try them out. I just need to find a way of attaching my phone to the handlebars :smile:

Argh... thanks guys. Really didn't want to shell out though :sad: What's the cheapest model Garmin that would sort me out?
EDGE 200. Yes the navigation is basic, (see pic below), but it works brilliantly IME ans shows turn by turn and also warns if you go off route. So as long as you're happy to follow pre-loaded routes then there's nothing to touch the 200.

pd-01-lg.jpg

Keep an eye on the For Sale ads on HERE as well. There's usually a fairly regular supply of used one that pop us as some folk feel the need to upgrade. Used ones generally sell for around £50-£60. Or if Halfords have got their 3 for 2 deal on you could buy 3 for £175.98, that's just £58.66 each. That's how myself and couple of other CC'ers got ours :thumbsup:

Top Bottom