Strava segment search on Garmin Edge 1000 ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I like to target a few strava segments as part of my training rides , had 3 in mind this morning so I starred the segments & then synced my unit with Garmin connect so all up to date .

Once I go back into segments on the Garmin edge 1000 I can't see the segments that I've just starred , just not listed in my segments , even if I disable all segments & use the search I still get nothing found , bit frustrating as like to use the live feedback whilst riding , anyone else experienced this , or am I doing something wrong ?

I have had similar where it can also add sections I did not star. Make a change ie add one or delete one and try again, I sync mine wireless so just turn it off and on again, sorts it out usually, have known it not to work before a morning commute but the system seems to sort itself out by the afternoon. As long as they show up in My Sections in Strava under the Dashboard it should work.( eventually)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Have you changed your garmin connect dashboard to use strava segments instead of garmins?

segments.jpg

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
No I've not changed anything , it's been working fine & now won't show me the other new segments that I've starred , really frustrating , tried deleting 3 others & then adding the 3 new ones but it won't seem to have any of it , not sure what to try next apart from throwing it over next doors lol !

Any other ideas fellas ?

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Yep premium , iv'e unstarred all my segments on strava now & none showing on the Garmin edge , will star a few & update & see how that go's hopefully it was just a glitch

dim

good thread .... I'm getting my edge 1000 performance bundle on saturday, and this feature is one that I want to use next week. I will most prob have lots of basic questions as regards setting the unit up, but will ask those if I cannot figure it out myself.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I don't want to create a new thread either .... One question that puzzles me in the meantime, is how do you export an existing course that has been created on ride with GPS into Garmin connect so that you can edit the start end end points? (I have a link from a local cycling club that has several good cycling courses)

Top Bottom