Strictly 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having to watch it 'cause of kids / wife :angry::cry::thumbsdown:.
Fixing the toilet seat is suddenly quite appealing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aah, Strictly. The wife and daughter seem to like it. I use the time to do a little fly tying. During this evenings marathon I managed to do a clutch of black gnats, a brace of hawthorn flies and no less than 5 daddy long legs.

Result!
OT, if a fish takes the fly and you catch it, is the fly fubarred?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Rich, not usually. The flies I tie, I nip the barb off of they come out very easily. This cuts down the FUBAR factor. (Wow, the forum just sorted the caps lock, that's cool!)

Often, the fish prefer the fly to look a little tatty, I suppose it looks properly drowned. You can also protect delicate materials such as peacock herl by applying a little superglue to the thread. I don't bother though as I am more than happy if I manage to fool a trout with a fly I have tied!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Seeing as there are negative comments from non football fans on the football thread i'll stick a negative comment from a non ballroom dancing fan on here.

Pffaa! Male ballroom dancers...what a bunch of nancy boys!! :thumbsdown:

suzeworld

Veteran
They won't drop it till the viewing figures drop. Good for me, cos I love it.

Homophobia-alive and kicking in here, then, or its that meant to be 'humour', Accy-cyclist?

stephec

Legendary Member
My predictions for this series -

Tess Daly will be forever shrieking hysterically about everything being amazing, and how this will be the biggest and best series ever.
Bruno will try to outdo himself each week with his histrionics.
The Aussie judge will be as bitchy as possible to start a big argument with the other judges.
One of the male dancers will flounce off at the above bitchy comments.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom