England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club - Ride 2 - February - Food, fun and frolics.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Date - Sunday 24th February 2013
Start time - 6.30am
Start & end point - The Giles Statue by Costa Coffee in Ipswich town centre
Length - 100(ish) miles in total, but done in three 'stages', so just do what you fancy (see below)
Food / café stops? - There is no specific café stop but we will be passing plenty of places suitable for hot drinks and food, and we'll be in no hurry, so will be happy to stop as the group decides.
Target average speed - NONE!

The route

Part 1
Where - Ipswich to Shotley, Mannintree and back
Distance - 38 miles
Route - Click 'ere...
Why - Because we'll have a gentle tailwind so it will be a nice gentle start to the day

Part 2
Where - Ipswich to Orford and back
Distance - 43 miles
Route - Click 'ere...
Why - Because if the Met office forecast we'll be blown back from Orford to Ipswich, so a little bit of help from nature when our legs need it most.

Part 3
Where - Great Wenham, Hintlesham and back (Trumpet's TT Strava Segment)
Distance - 16 miles
Route - Click 'ere...
Why - Because for those up for a century it will nicely top up the miles, and its' a nice flat route along virtually empty roads, a warm down if you will.

Please RSVP if you're planning on coming, we won't hold you to it but it's useful to know who we should keep en eye out for.

compo

Veteran
Just for clarity, are you talking 50 miles out then 50 miles back or a 50 mile round trip?

mattobrien

Guru
Diary looks clear for Feb, wife permitting.

Sadly I don't think I will have my new steed for this ride and even if I do, the atmospheric conditions may not be suitable for its usage...

Happy to aim for the 24th if that suits.

mattobrien

Guru
24th it is then. I have a homebrew appreciation evening the night before so I don't know how peppy I'll be :smile:

Shall we go for a 7am or 8am start?
06:30 - it''l be lighter by then (he hopes)

Birchy

Regular
Can I ask what part of Suffolk this is please?

I'd like to try and pop along to some group rides if you'll have me and are the right part of Suffolk.

Birchy

Regular
Ipswich is fine for me as I'm felixstowe.

It's all date dependant as I'm a shift worker so I shall watch this thread very closely and let you know.

Out of interest what sort of pace do you travel at?

Cheers

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Ipswich is fine for me as I'm felixstowe.

It's all date dependant as I'm a shift worker so I shall watch this thread very closely and let you know.

Out of interest what sort of pace do you travel at?

Cheers

Felixstowe, nice :hello: Last ride out it was about 15 average

Top Bottom