England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunday Club rides - should we restart them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Early last year I organised a series of rides that started early on Sunday mornings. The rides were 100 miles long, split over three loops, with each loop starting and ending in Ipswich. This means nobody who doesn't want to do the full hundred need feel under any pressure. It also means that hungover friends can join in for later loops if they are still passed out / wallowing in feculence when we set off for the first loop.

Here are last year's rides...

There's no minimum speed and nobody gets left behind.

I'm posting to try and gauge interest, to see if it's worth kicking these rides back into life.

MikeG

Guru
West Suffolk folk go boo-hiss......... It'd be 52 miles for me just to get to the starting line and back. Great idea though.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
With the Rutland ride probably being off on Sunday 11th May I have a still have an all day pass and fancy doing at least a 100 and will either be on my new fixed which should be ready and built by the end of this month or the geared bike which will also be up an running in the same time period. I half fancied another ride out to Beccles on a similar route to the Suffolk Swarm ride we did last year @Andrew_Culture if anyone else fancies it

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Suffolk sunrise = rip off Helmet nazis.... there is no way I am paying a small fortune (£ 55 you are having a laugh) to ride on free local roads. Right as that lot will be getting in the way in the direction towards Beccles I plan to go in the opposite direction then, maybe Southend or Braintree way :becool:

MikeG

Guru
........Right as that lot will be getting in the way in the direction towards Beccles I plan to go in the opposite direction then, maybe Southend or Braintree way :becool:

With a bit of planning I could head out to meet you if you're coming that way. How about Maldon rather than Southend or Braintree? Some rather nice cycling to be done around there, and I know a tea-shop with the best fruity tea bread and bread pudding in East Anglia. Just a thought.

Mike

Top Bottom