England : London Sunday London Ride - Ghost Signs Edition - 12 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
It is.
It featured as a tag on LFGSS's BToB recently.
Excellent. As it's close to LMNH where we finish, we might go that way.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Just giving this ride a little bump.

I rode the route the other day just to check all the signs I planned to visit were still there. And blow me down, but I discovered a couple more. It's about 28 miles all in. We do touch a couple of main roads, but only very briefly. There are a couple of places which will require us to dismount so as to avoid nasty one way systems and there is one short sharp incline (I will try to find alternatives before the day). We'll end up at LMNH around lunchtime, so bring a lock. Usual Sunday London Rules apply - conversational pace. Depending on how we're doing for time, we may stop for a coffee or something along The Cut.

I have the following on the list:

@Mark Grant
@ianrauk
@Trickedem
@User13710
@wanda2010
@User10571
@Gordon P
@StuAff
@deptfordmarmoset
@anothersam
@ttcycle
@susecostello
@velovoice
@redflightuk

Cheers

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Oh, and a heads up, you now need a 20p coin to use the facilities in Hyde Park.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Looking forward to this.
We'll end up at LMNH around lunchtime, so bring a lock. Usual Sunday London Rules apply - conversational pace.
Look Mum No Lock (so am grateful for the conversational pace before and after). Will be the first to volunteer for bike monitor. Or maybe I'll leave the Sunday Best at home, but that would throw a wrench into my heart as it so rarely gets to enjoy city miles.
Oh, and a heads up, you now need a 20p coin to use the facilities in Hyde Park.
You think they'll give me a receipt for that? My accountant is in league with my urologist.
The Serpentine is free. Admittedly it's difficult to hit the swans.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Is the start at Wellington Arch as per FNRs? Just checking.
That's the place - although for the Sunday London Ride we normally congregate by the memorial as the horse guards will go through the arch. And that will be our cue to depart.

I'm hoping Little Miss rb58 will be joining us, at least for the second half of the ride. Although she's not such a Little Miss these days.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm on call but wondering if I can risk it. Knowing my luck something would kick off at work whilst I'm at the furthest point from home. :wacko:

Top Bottom