England : London Sunday London Ride - Ghost Signs Edition - 12 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The race starts at 9:30 so I doubt there'll be much problem getting across Parliament Square as it's near the end of the race. At the worst, it's a question of walking from the embankment to Birdcage Walk if you're coming over Westminster Bridge.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Can I tag along on this ?

oh and Conway or Riney have loads of Heras fence up at wellington arch/HPC so it may be a little congested.
They're resurfacing the area around the arch at HPC, plenty of room to get through though.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The race starts at 9:30 so I doubt there'll be much problem getting across Parliament Square as it's near the end of the race. At the worst, it's a question of walking from the embankment to Birdcage Walk if you're coming over Westminster Bridge.
True. But I'll take the long way round for the ride in, I'll have forty-odd minutes to get there anyway and miles= good.

subaqua

What’s the point
They're resurfacing the area around the arch at HPC, plenty of room to get through though.

looked more than that on Thursday , but was just a heads up for people arriving that we may want to be considerate and not block the open walkway.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I am suffering from ride envy. Hope you are all having a nice time.
If it's any comfort, 30 miles west of central London it's been raining on and off all day.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If it's any comfort, 30 miles west of central London it's been raining on and off all day.
I just got back and can report that the rain held off until a few drops towards the end. Not warm, though, compared to yesterday. Lovely to see some familiar and some new faces and I even finally got to go to Look Mum No Hands. My, there are an awful lot of red lights in town!

U

User10571

Look Mum No Hands and the Lunch of Disappointment.
Perhaps it was wrong of me to have vegetable spring rolls for breakfast this morning.
Nice to see peeps, event though I wasn't able to do the ride.

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
Nice to see so many on the ride today, including some new faces. Welcome. I clearly forgot to count the traffic lights in my concern for tracking down the best ghost signs! Who knew there could be so many. And the road closures through central London slowed us down quite a bit. Other than that, I think we were lucky - the rain held off.

We were pretty much on time when we went along The Cut, but our progress slowed quite considerably after that, so I cut the ride short and we headed straight to LMNH rather than heading north for the second half. Of course, that means it's Unfinished Business and I think I'll suggest a date to complete the ride in the future - maybe starting at LMNH and finishing somewhere else.

And unless you are really old, you won't have cycled down Little Compton Street. Check it out on Google, or see more details here. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-buried-remains-of-little-compton-street

Cheers.

Top Bottom