England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
reminder about sunday.. looking like the weather is going to be a scorcher

I'm a possible. No other rides on this weekend. Just waiting for the new tyres to arrive for Lelly.
Something else will have dropped off your old heap by then, big fellah. I'll be trying for an early one although I have a late night Saturday and, as I'm of weak constitution, and stuffed by a thousand and one things to do...But it would be nice to see 'Postman Cat'...find out what he's bought recently - must have been a lot of new gear and bike toys etc.;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
If my legs still work in the morning - I will be at HPC, 09:30!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well that was a cracking ride. What the Sunday ride is all about, great company and a gentle pootle through London. I even went on a cable car!! Cheers to User10571 for guiding us through some of the quieter bits of London.

U

User10571

Serco, the operators of the Woolwich free ferry, really do need to get out of bed earlier than 11:30 before they fire up that dirty old diesel on the smokin' ferry.
Waiting around for them to get their collective nautical @sses together was a bit pants.
Apologies for the Firepower cafe at Woolwich Arsenal being shut - I've just checked their website - they no longer open on Sundays, it seems. They used to. Soz.
The riverside is constantly changing - to quote the late, great, Barry Mason.
Other than that, it was a ride I enjoyed immensely. I don't think we did anything/went anywhere which wasn't agreed by consensus - at least I hope not.
The ad libby-ness / no particular direction to go flavour of the ride particularly appealed to me.
My pastrami on rye lunch from Fat Boy's Diner proved to be a more than pleasant surprise.
Laddie-behind-the-counter in there seemed to do a laudable solo act when we swooped collectively.
Thanks to all for your company.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
great ride Teef bought me some "slags" may have to get a takeaway for dinner, i've got to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

look out for Teefs' son on the telly tomorrow- grey t shirt

Top Bottom