England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

This is strangely enough how I explained it to her when she started muttering things about "oh but you won't go on a cable car with me". I did point out that she loves me too much to bully me to the extent you 6 did :tongue: . I have however promised to go back with her and have another go.
Good man :thumbsup:
I don't remember that much (any) bullying.
'Willing participant' is the phrase which comes to mind......

Yebbutt, you don't relate to the six who were with you today in the same way as you do to SWMBO, do you?
As for 'taking the donkey in the end', I'm not sure this forum is the right place to be throwing that particular topic to the floor for discussion.
It's the nearest he'll get to Assos...

iLB

Hello there
7817231864_9701144d3a_o.jpg

honestly... :rolleyes:

iLB

Hello there
Looks like another good one, the beach was a damp squib and an unhealthy amount of time was spent in a car! Although I have gained added insight as to why drivers become so irate at times, horrible things.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
7817231864_9701144d3a_o.jpg

honestly... :rolleyes:
It was glove at first sight....

OK - nice snaps, Dave...what a lovely day! After the usual meet, we wended our way to the cable-car. As I mentioned before "fantastic"
It was a disciplined day, with the group acknowledging the signeage. (TallMart obviously has a doctor's chitty for signeage exemption...)
Sunday1.jpg

...and then we hit the high life of the Emirates air ferry! Wow!
Sunday5.jpg

TallMart had a nemesis, which he conquered, with flying colours. (Pinkish...)
And then Commander User10571 took us onwards to Woolwich and the café...luckily not open. We mooched and buggered about for a while basically...here's a big shot with a small tank in the background:
Sunday9.jpg

and then we had to make tracks...
Sunday10.jpg

before setting off for the ferry, to queue and wait...and wait.
Sunday8.jpg

Another gratuitous shot of the descent from Apollo XXX - the ferry has been done to death nearly.
And then it was Fat Boy's Diner - another 'Trust User10571' moment. His choice of pastrami on rye was whizz-bang, as it was delivered with panache (no, not shandy, silly :rolleyes:) and looked substantial. We all ate well in the trendy eaterie...there was plenty to absorb - everywhere.
Sat Sun 090.jpg

We ate - we chatted our way to the perfect depart. At the roundabout the South contingent went err...their way and the commoners went our way. Dave realised his mistake and joined us, just in time to lead into Canary Wharf for the biggest fork lightning display for a while!
We got a bit wet but it was ok...Dave's pic of the Borisbikeman with the fixie on his shoulder is testament to that.
And so. Dave and I released the sun once again, by pothole evasion towards LookMumNoHands! My son, ever elusive, had decided that he was going to take root inside...there just happened to be Dani King and Lizzie Armistead being interviewed. Did you all know that the Channel 4 TV programme 'The Cycle Show' was broadcast from LMNH every week? Not me - I aint got a telly!
Anyway. Rob, my son was accompanied by his old friend, Mills. Andrew Mills was, until recently, the understudy to Ben Ainslie, prior to the Olympic games etc and so he is "quite fit". There followed a Rollapauluza session between Dani King and 'a bloke', and then Dani King's boyfriend versus 'our' Andrew - who, apart from not keeping in shape, had been subjected to 'Slagattack' for two hours! :smile: (Don't worry - it's nothing serious...just a Friday Night Ride problem). As an aside, on our way to LMNH, I asked Dave if he noticed the two people who looked like cats..."No" came the reply. After a few beers, suddenly the said people appeared in front of Dave, at the bus stop!
Sunday13.jpg

Eventually, a bit of chit-chat won the day, and there is nothing to rival the following piece of text one feels;
Sunday14.jpg

"Topcat with two pussies"
And so - Dani King got 'beaten' by the guy and Andrew was next up against Dani King's boyfriend. Here's what happened.

What a wonderful day - one of those perfect coincidences between nice people, good atmosphere and human spirit.

U

User10571

Topcat2 was going to join us today but he had a few drinks last night at the rumclub Happy birthday Mark the sunday london ride, nuff said http://www.flickr.com/photos/62382682@N07/sets/72157631146435532/ pay attention Wanda (where's the Usain Bolt smiley) lmnh itv4 mon 20.00pm
Your last picture shows a pith helmet on the table at LMNH, TC.
I'm guessing that it must belong to ordinary rider Joth Summerfield (he of extraordinary round the world fame) especially as Martin had mentioned someone in a pith helmet riding past on a penny while he sat outside Fat Boy's - while the rest of us were inside.

Your last picture shows a pith helmet on the table at LMNH, TC.
I'm guessing that it must belong to ordinary rider Joth Summerfield (he of extraordinary round the world fame) especially as Martin had mentioned someone in a pith helmet riding past on a penny while he sat outside Fat Boy's - while the rest of us were inside.
Is it this chap, User10571? I don't know him obviously, but he was Dani King's 'race' opponent...clocking 24:25 to her 24:47.
sunday 1w.jpg

Top Bottom