England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
:rolleyes: I don't think 'gentle' will get you very far....

I still get PTSD from going down the drops at Ally Pally on my old Halfords bought junker Apollo MTB too fast and being launched off it. I actually landed on my feet though, but because my body was still in the process of moving falling down hill, i curled into a ball a barrel rolled a few times before 'landing' on my feet. I swear if there was a crowd watching I would have got a round of applause and people holding up number signs between 8-10. (olympic class dismount & epic save)

I smashed my left knee up pretty good in the process though but that was the only way i could initiate re-entry into the earth's atmosphere from the heavens.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
But! How did you get up there? A couple of laps of Regents park 3-5 laps then a blast up the Pally at least once a week will get you to Brighton

The only way to get better at hills is to ride more hills. I'm still not good at them but I am a lot better than I was (although to be honest I've not had an opportunity to 'break my Ditchling cherry'). Point is, I haven't got better at hills by avoiding them. Just sayin'. :whistle:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
But! How did you get up there? A couple of laps of Regents park 3-5 laps then a blast up the Pally at least once a week will get you to Brighton

me and my friend attempted to cycle all the way up there, then it got way too steep. bike must of weighed 13-14kg so we dismounted and pushed it all the way to the top. had a few chilled non-alcoholic beverages in the restaurant there then left.

Im not far from Ally Pally so i'll probably try go there once a week if possible for training. I think theres another member here that used to do that a while ago but im not sure if hes logged on since saying hello in the introduction sub forum.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Is there one planned this w/e? Missed the last couple as time is a little packed at the mo and away next weekend.

Never been to Ally Pally or Swains on an SLR. Rode about a third/half way up Swains years ago getting lost finding a friend's place-thankfully made it out alive with intact lungs.

That is not an invite to drag me along unless I get a tow...:stop::bicycle:

I see there are Road Closures around the Start Point...will try our best to be there before the 09:30 Kick Off if awkward to get to we'll head to Hyde Park and maybe even take a Trip over to Primrose Hill ...

Top Bottom