England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
In other words, they're having to print a bigger UP label for the Up button and a bigger Down label for the Down button.

Our first marital home was on the fourth floor of a block of flats in Basildon. On the staircase, on each landing, there was an arrow pointing up and an arrow pointing down. Immediately beside the arrows there were Up and Down labels.

rb58

Enigma
The weather forecast is looking okay for (a Sunday in) January. But I haven't been able to establish whether the ferry is running yet - there's nothing showing on TFL website. A quick look at the traffic cameras shows no queue of cars, which suggests it's still not running.

Having said that, this ride will go ahead regardless as we have the option of the foot tunnel or cable car if there's no ferry. I suggest we head to Greenwich on Quietway 1, admire the view, then make our way to Woolwich around the O2 on Quietway 14. From the north pier we can decide on our final destination on the day, but options would include Fat Boys at Trinity Buoy Wharf, Thames Barrier Park cafe, ViewTube, amongst others.

For first timers, we assemble by the Royal Artillery memorial at Hyde Park Corner at 9.30am, departing with whoever has shown up as soon as the Horse Guards have ridden past. Usually at 9:45am.

@jiberjaber - fixed friendly, although the hill in Greenwich may be a grind.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'll hopefully be there, depending on my finish time on Saturday.

Oyster cards work on the cable cars, don't they?

jiberjaber

Veteran
The ..................

@jiberjaber - fixed friendly, although the hill in Greenwich may be a grind.

Ta but the :bicycle: is out of action at the moment with a broken rear spoke so if I am still in love with cycling on Sunday morning it might be black-bess I'm on :smile:

iZaP

Über Member
Right. Caught up with a few of you today on the Fridays’ Christmas Ride and it seems like 13 January is a go-er for a crossing on the new Woolwich ferry. Weather permitting.

Meet at HPC at 9.30 then, for a change, take a southerly route via Greenwich and Quietway 14 to the ferry, before comparing notes at either View Tube or Fatboys.

Who’s in?

How long is this and is there space for me too?!

Thanks!

Top Bottom