Surly ECR Or Jones plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tripod

I want to do some bike camping and single trail riding. I'm older an a relaxed type rider. I like the plus bikes ---29 x 3 tires. The two bikes I'm looking at are. Surly ECR and Jones Plus. Does anyone have experience with either or advice?

oldstrath

Über Member
I want to do some bike camping and single trail riding. I'm older an a relaxed type rider. I like the plus bikes ---29 x 3 tires. The two bikes I'm looking at are. Surly ECR and Jones Plus. Does anyone have experience with either or advice?
A friend who fits the Jones loves it. Sadly I'm too long for one, so have a Surly. They are both excellent for long relaxed trips (did a couple of 90 k days with full kit recently). As a 59 year old, I'm probably in the same sort of league as you.

Just noticed the singletrack part. I can get down pretty much anything on the Surly, not always as quickly as on a full sus, but certainly achievable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tripod

A friend who fits the Jones loves it. Sadly I'm too long for one, so have a Surly. They are both excellent for long relaxed trips (did a couple of 90 k days with full kit recently). As a 59 year old, I'm probably in the same sort of league as you.

Just noticed the singletrack part. I can get down pretty much anything on the Surly, not always as quickly as on a full sus, but certainly achievable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks @oldstrath
I appreciate your personal experience and help. I'm in a little older boat than yours and I'm getting the bike to improve its condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom