Suspension Forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Am looking for a set of front forks for a mountain bike. Must be 26" wheel be able to take V brakes and have a 1and 1/8th steerer at least 8" long.
So its old school setup.
Let me know what you got.
Cheers Del.

ChrisEyles

Guru
I've got a set of RST 161 forks from a '97 Marin Hawk Hill, re-painted bright red, that might fit the bill.

The elastomers are in great condition and the fork compresses and rebounds fine... but have to say that the bushings are quite worn (there stanchions "knock" a little if you lock the front brake and push the fork back and forth), and replacing them is not going to be a financially sensible option.

They're currently just taking up space in the shed so yours for £15 if I find I can squeeze it into a Royal Mail "medium" parcel (will have to get the measuring tape out).

Would be fine for light-ish use, but I wouldn't recommend them if you're into gnarly riding, or are doing a nice retro build and want some "decent" forks!

Let me know if you might be interested and I can post some pics.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I've got a set of RST 161 forks from a '97 Marin Hawk Hill, re-painted bright red, that might fit the bill.

The elastomers are in great condition and the fork compresses and rebounds fine... but have to say that the bushings are quite worn (there stanchions "knock" a little if you lock the front brake and push the fork back and forth), and replacing them is not going to be a financially sensible option.

They're currently just taking up space in the shed so yours for £15 if I find I can squeeze it into a Royal Mail "medium" parcel (will have to get the measuring tape out).

Would be fine for light-ish use, but I wouldn't recommend them if you're into gnarly riding, or are doing a nice retro build and want some "decent" forks!

Let me know if you might be interested and I can post some pics.
Thanks but i managed to get hold of a nice set of Marzochi forks.
Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom