FNRttC Swarmcatcher on the 1,200 Texas Stampede

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The Fridays' very own beekeeper is riding the 1,200k Texas Stampede: updates are available on Facebook here
The Tandem Things are also riding, they have a Spot Tracker so you can follow their every pedalstroke.
*settles down with tea and sandwiches*

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
For those not in the Fridays' Facebook group (which means they can't see what's happening), she's still going, it finishes at midnight on Sunday. The Stampede is using Facebook: link

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
She finished with 1 hour 40 minutes in hand.
here's a comment from a volunteer at a checkpoint: and a salutary lesson in how to cope with a long ride:

"Great to see Els smiling at the finish line. Not that I had any doubt. She came in at Marble Falls at 6:30am, and I was wondering what words to say to encourage her for the rest of the Stampede, but I should not have worried, she had her head together. She took an hour nap, ate and was ready to head out, when her riding partner found a slow leak on his front tire. So she just went to room 103 when you all checked in, and took a 15mn nap while my volunteers Dan and Michael helped Ron fix his wheel. I tapped her on the shoulder when it was time to get up, and off she went, towards Brenham."

Top Bottom