T of California - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"A slow boiler..."
translation - boring until today

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Watching the last few km again, I was struck by how courageous Sagan's ride was - he's not a climber but he almost looked like one there. Second things was that Henao is still not quite at the level he was before his break. You would have put money on him to take that stage.

The good thing is that this is all going to make tomorrow's stage fascinating rather than a procession. If Sagan can get even a few bonus seconds tomorrow he could still win, so EQS are going to have to send men up the road to try to mop up the opportunities before he can get them. But Sagan could still win this in the final sprint.

The Tour of California turns out interesting! Who wudda thunk it?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Good to see Tao Geoghegan Hart put in a decent ride. Only a couple of mins down on Alaphilippe.

He came third in the espoirs LBL last month - his blog post on the race is a good read...

http://taogeogheganhart.blogspot.nl/2015_05_01_archive.html

He writes about Aussie Freddy who I think must be Freddy Ovett (Steve Ovett's son).

Nice. He's not your average pro-cyclist, is he? That piece reminds me of The Rider...

U

User169

Nice. He's not your average pro-cyclist, is he? That piece reminds me of The Rider...

It's a cracking piece of writing - really gives you a feel for the dynamics of a peloton. And, yes, reminiscent of The Rider.

robertob

The overall couldn't been decided by a tighter margin. Only the photo revealed that Sagan got up on the line to finish in the much needed 3rd spot. Great desperation from Sagan. His performance yesterday was nothing but brave and heroic. Delighted for him that he managed to pull it off today. Well deserved. Was the most consistent rider over the eight stages.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
By a tyre or less, with quite some confusion in the Quickstep team after the finish. If ever there was a time for Quickstep to forgo a Cavendish win and try to place two in the sprint, that was it, wasn't it?

I'm pleased for Sagan, he deserves that.

Not sure if Etixx might have been able to squeeze him out in the sprint but I guess a hard thing to do, Sagan is no slouch in a sprint.

400bhp

Guru
Wonder if Sagan is going to change his tact now? Lose a bit of weight and aim for a GT win in the next 5 years. Yesterday was the best I have seen him. Brilliant up the climb.

Top Bottom