Taff Trail .gpx Route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozcs

Guru
Anybody got or know where I can download a .gpx route file for the Taff Trail Brecon -> Cardiff?

Thanks,

Lawrence......

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
Anybody got or know where I can download a .gpx route file for the Taff Trail Brecon -> Cardiff?

Thanks,

Lawrence......

Think I posted this in wrong forum - can a mod delete - sorry - I'll repost.

Thanks

Moss

Sorry,

I don't know how to use gpx. Although I can talk you through the route! I live at the foot of the Brecon Beacons! Are you using a Road Bike or MTB? I've ridden from Brecon to Cardiff and return a few times! When using a road bike you can use road and Taff Trail for most of the route; then A road or B road for the final 17, miles. Depending on your direction once you get above Merthyr Tydfil? Three routes to choose from.

Using an MTB it's possible to use the Taff Trail for 80% of the ride from Cardiff To Brecon, which would need to incorporate The Old Roman Road Gap (a rough ride)

Sorry I cannot help with GPX, It may not be of any use to you in some places on the ride?

M

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You can find route instructions here .Fairly easy to follow ,have done it in both directions, you could just follow the signs with a map as back up.

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
You can find route instructions here .Fairly easy to follow ,have done it in both directions, you could just follow the signs with a map as back up.

Thanks all, in the end I copied an Endomondo route from someone that had previously done it and set as a route on my profile - worked a treat...

It's a lovely ride - recommended.

Lawrence......

Top Bottom