TdF conspiracy theories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think Sky have a secret weapon that is taking them out one by one, this will mean when Porte wins they will get huge coverage in another country. It is all controlled by Rupert who is up in one of the helicopters.
Was Froome getting hit, three times, down to Rupes ageing eyes?

Stole his last Tangfastic :laugh:
Do that to me and a voodoo doll is the least of your worries.

oldroadman

Veteran
Being serious for a moment, the first few days of a GT are a madhouse, and TdF is the worst. So much pressure for results, aggressive trains for the sprinters, and add to the mix it's when next season's contracts get negotiated. All adds up to a recipe for risk taking on a grand scale. Which means people fall off. generally the heads are able to keep out of the melee, this year they have been unlucky to say the least.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm just getting too cynical. I'm finding it difficult to "believe" in Nibali. And I'm also thinking the fact that no one has been kicked off for doping this year doesn't mean everyone is clean, just that they've found another way. Am I the only one struggling in this way?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm just getting too cynical. I'm finding it difficult to "believe" in Nibali. And I'm also thinking the fact that no one has been kicked off for doping this year doesn't mean everyone is clean, just that they've found another way. Am I the only one struggling in this way?

No, you aren't. But on the other hand, he just doesn't have anyone else in his class left in the race. No Froome, no Contador, no Wiggins etc. etc. and none of the top Columbians even started the race: Uran, Betancur, Henao or Quintana.

No, you aren't. But on the other hand, he just doesn't have anyone else in his class left in the race. No Froome, no Contador, no Wiggins etc. etc. and none of the top Columbians even started the race: Uran, Betancur, Henao or Quintana.

Irrespective of the "quality", there are others still there who would be nipping at the heels of the others who are absent and who are being left behind with apparent ease - whilst others, such as Pinot, Bardet, Peraud, TVG, etc etc (and even ValvPiti) look as if they are believable in their efforts he looks as if he could smoke a pipe and whistle a tune at the end. And he might well do.

And the mountains are still as steep and hard irrespective of who is there.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Irrespective of the "quality", there are others still there who would be nipping at the heels of the others who are absent and who are being left behind with apparent ease - whilst others, such as Pinot, Bardet, Peraud, TVG, etc etc (and even ValvPiti) look as if they are believable in their efforts he looks as if he could smoke a pipe and whistle a tune at the end. And he might well do.

And the mountains are still as steep and hard irrespective of who is there.
True but it would make comparisons a whole lot easier if the other lot were there too. If he was píssing all over Froome and Contador and Quintana it would be clearer.
It's not only his cycling-with-insouciance but his marked improvement since the Dauphiné

True but it would make comparisons a whole lot easier if the other lot were there too. If he was píssing all over Froome and Contador and Quintana it would be clearer.
It's not only his cycling-with-insouciance but his marked improvement since the Dauphiné

True. I wasn't disagreeing with FM, as I realise it would make comparison easier, but it's not as if he's competing against 4th Cats on a slight incline.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
True. I wasn't disagreeing with FM, as I realise it would make comparison easier, but it's not as if he's competing against 4th Cats on a slight incline.

We certainly wouldn't have 3 Frenchmen competing for places on the podium if we had the best riders (apart from Nibali) here, 'new generation' or not.

Top Bottom