TDF decorations photographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyMcc

Über Member
image.jpg
There are some cracking bikes, posters, signs, bunting and flags up already. I just thought it would be nice to record them for posterity, so if you snap TDF themed decorations, please post the pictures here. To get things started, here is the new Richmondshire boundary sign featuring a painting by local artist Mackenzie Thorpe.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Already posted in the Sheffield thread, but here's a sculpture in Worrall, which is where the tour enters Sheffield.
20140624_180254.jpg

compo

Veteran
Pretty low key but spotted his on the route just before Moreton in Essex. There is a French flag in the tail but the wind wasn't blowing!

TDF_zps7d2c1a33.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
View attachment 48562 There are some cracking bikes, posters, signs, bunting and flags up already. I just thought it would be nice to record them for posterity, so if you snap TDF themed decorations, please post the pictures here. To get things started, here is the new Richmondshire boundary sign featuring a painting by local artist Mackenzie Thorpe.
I like the idea, and the picture, though my mind is struggling to cope with the wheels which don't look round and look to have sunk into the ground. I keep repeating to myself it's art, it doesn't have to exactly replicate real life!

OP
OP
PaddyMcc

PaddyMcc

Über Member
What amazes me is the decorations going up in areas that are nowhere near the tour route. There are a couple of yellow bikes in Catterick Garrison and the photo below was taken in Middleton Tyas, near Scotch Corner
image.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Anyone got a photo of the brilliant Masham Primary School yellow sheep on a bike ? It looked brilliant from the helicopter shot ...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Anyone got a photo of the brilliant Masham Primary School yellow sheep on a bike ? It looked brilliant from the helicopter shot ...

It was brilliant, but you needed a helicopter for a decent shot of it. Really pleased for them it worked out, and that they got such a good long shot of it on TV, because they spent all Friday morning doing it and at 4.30 Friday afternoon it looked as though it would all be washed away in the rain.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Took a lot of searching but voila!

BryiyyvCAAArnKv.png

Though it was blooming marvellous when I saw it on the TV, even better now I've had a proper look. Chapeau!

Well found. It was brilliant, so pleased it survived the rain. Chapeau indeed.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:bravo: and :hugs: @coffeejo - exactly what I was after !

It's just brilliant - and was even more effective as the helocam started on the lettering around the front wheel, then moved round and panned back until the whole was revealed. :thumbsup:

Love it !

Top Bottom