TDF = watching in Yorkshire..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rykard

Veteran
we were in redmire last week, this is in the middle of the stage 1 loop. the residents had been told the main routes would be closed from 8 till 8. suffice to say they weren't best pleased.

Idoru

I'm going to be in Sheffield itself on day 2 seeing some friends, so I'll probably try and get a look in, possibly the finish line if I can find it.

Apparently we're booked into a Holiday Inn Express about 1.5 miles from the finish.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Driving the route tomorrow, looking forward to the atmosphere. Can't decide whether to be brave and try to do Otley & Masham Saturday or just stick with one place probably Hawes / Hardraw area. Cote D'Oxenhope Moor Sunday.

Last edited:

NorvernRob

Does anyone think we'll be ok to ride up Holme Moss around 10am on Sunday, or will it be mental with people walking up? We've got a plan to ride to Holmfirth, get there around 9am and spend an hour soaking up the atmosphere, then around 10am go up Holme Moss and head back to our viewing spot at the Strines via the tour route. (closed Woodhead woohoo! Usually you're getting passed by a HGV every 30 seconds).

Mike_P

Guru
Pouring down in Harrogate at present, good thing being the rain turned up earlier than predicted so hopefully it might go quicker as well

NorvernRob

Pouring down in Harrogate at present, good thing being the rain turned up earlier than predicted so hopefully it might go quicker as well

Current forecasts are rain until tomorrow morning, then pretty much nothing until Sunday afternoon - hopefully that will change slightly and give us a fully dry day.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Been pishing it down every since We left scotland, Kendal is soaking, up nice and early to head for the buttertubs pass at 4am, slightly pissed already In Weathespoons, the fight with the alarm call in the morning will be fun

danielstucke

Über Member
Does anyone think we'll be ok to ride up Holme Moss around 10am on Sunday, or will it be mental with people walking up? We've got a plan to ride to Holmfirth, get there around 9am and spend an hour soaking up the atmosphere, then around 10am go up Holme Moss and head back to our viewing spot at the Strines via the tour route. (closed Woodhead woohoo! Usually you're getting passed by a HGV every 30 seconds).
I'm hoping to head up there about this time. Staying in North Leeds so will take me about 2.5hrs to get up to Holme Moss if it's busy. Then home to Manchester. Should be a long day!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy

Great morning in Aysgarth / Hawes, pretty moist afternoon in Swaledale and down towards Masham. Some very soggy cyclists around looking pretty miserable toward the end of the afternoon, felt sorry for them, but quite glad I wasn't out in it!

Have to say, the biggest concentration of poor riding and lack of regard for other road users I've seen in a long time as well, sadly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been pishing it down every since We left scotland, Kendal is soaking, up nice and early to head for the buttertubs pass at 4am, slightly ****ed already In Weathespoons, the fight with the alarm call in the morning will be fun
Good luck. Butter tubs looked brill from the Ride Yorkshire Sky Sports programme.

Top Bottom