Tea up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm quite new to thus and starting to plan some longish rides 100 miles or so. How often do most people stop for 20 minutes and have a cuppa and cake. At the minute I find after 2 hours I'm really getting ready for a stop and a few minutes off the bike.

young Ed

Veteran
i recently completed my fort 100 miler and found a quick stop every 20 miles or so to have a sip of water and maybe a bite to eat (these stops were only 2 or 3 minutes)
then i had one 15 or 20 minute break for a sandwich and more water at about 60 or so miles i think was fine for me, then again i am 15, very fit, a very regular rider (pretty much at least 15 miles every day) and i have excellent stamina (not much in the way of speed though)
Cheers Ed

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
It'll vary from rider to rider. A stop every hour and a half or so works for me (when I'm disciplined about it :whistle:) otherwise I run out of energy later in the ride and it's difficult to deal with it then.

My breaks are short though, literally just the time to have a drink and eat a bit of cake, with just the one longer stop (about 15 to 20 minutes) to have lunch.

Top Bottom