Techie advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I want to start an online magazine. Just want to know where to start as far as the the technology is concerned eg. is there certain software that I need to use? Or would just starting a website be better and easier?

Thanks.

Last edited:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You could consider using Wordpress. It has magazine templates that are useable but it's not exactly a turnkey solution.

Your question is a bit too open ended to give an answers that will meet your needs.

Is the magazine going to have a high graphics content?
What degree of control over the page layout do you want?
Will each issue be static i.e. readers cannot add comments etc
Who is creating the content - just you or other folk as well?
Who will have be adding the content?
Are you willing to pay for the software?

Have a look at

www.issuu.com
www.weebly.com
www.wordpress.com

You might then be able to refine your question.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I'm only at the basic planning stage just now so still have a lot to think about. In answer to your q's the mag will have graphics but not loads, each issue will be static, I will create the content to begin with but others can add their content as well, I will have the last say if it's included or not, software -depends on the cost.

I will look at the links. Thanks.

hoopdriver

Guru
Wordpress is a very strong platform and there are hundreds of excellent themes available. Many are free although these tend not to be all that adaptable and or visually so appealing. The themes you buy are not expensive and can be tailored to suit just about any style of magazine you like.

One thing that is not clear - are you talking about a web-based magazine or something you download? Because that is something different entirely.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Thanks peeps!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom