Telegraph or Daily Mash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Now I'm reasonably good at maths, but even I'm having trouble working out exactly how far I think those people can fark off.

U

User32269

You've heard Adam and Megan's story. If you would like to help, remember, even a donation of £15 could help with the cost of violins and straw boater hats, there is fundraising page set up at just giving.com.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My butler immediately spotted an employment opportunity but having cast his eye over the figures dismissed it as they couldn't afford to pay his grace and favour vintage Krug bill let alone his salary.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Ain't life tough for some? Fair brings a tear to your eye eh?

I really feel sorry for them :wacko:

"But the pair are worried about becoming “financially broken” as the sheer cost of middle-class life in London means they are stretched to the brink. They spend everything they earn – and more."

vernon

You've heard Adam and Megan's story. If you would like to help, remember, even a donation of £15 could help with the cost of violins and straw boater hats, there is fundraising page set up at just giving.com.

Someone has capitalised upon their plight. https://www.gofundme.com/zxb6kzcs

The appeal blurb is below.

With tears in my eyes I scrolled down through Adam's and Megan's heart-wrenching story that appeared in the Daily Telegraph today..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1447949135

The feeling is all too familiar to me - just like Brownsons struggle to send their beautiful daughters to a private school AND keep the real estate they worked so hard for, so do I often find myself only capable of buying another bottle of 5-year malt scotch instead of bread and milk for which my change just won't cover.

I am thoroughly worried about becoming “financially broken” as the sheer cost of booze and tobacco in London means I am stretched to the brink. I have not been able to buy food for months now, but if this is going to continue, means that my beloved bottle of ale is going to stay a dream too.
I am currently heavily reliant upon my salary, meaning a redundancy or illness could leave me sober or a bit peckish.

My dilemma is how to fund the cost of the Blue Drum without sacrificing my lifestyle.
If you support the Brownsons, please do not turn away...

Moodyman

Legendary Member
They are not alone. In a previous life I worked in a customer service role for a bank. The number of people who were paid £5k+ per month and yet deep into their overdraft by the month-end was mind boggling.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I used to be a private banking manager and can assure you that people like this are not uncommon. Some people, either by luck or design, can go out and earn vast amounts of money and have no idea how to manage it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My wife does the payroll for a sofware company..some people get a lot of money for not a lot of hard work.
and the people i worry about getting paid after a job the most are the big house fancy car brigade.
keeping up the image ehh

vernon

My wife does the payroll for a sofware company..some people get a lot of money for not a lot of hard work.

They aren't primarily paid for their work. They are being paid for their skills the more esoteric the higher the pay. My son has a salary target of £100k in the next two or three years.

If I said that I wasn't jealous I'd be lying.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My t#@t brother reckons he earns around £75.000 a year. He's always crying poverty though as he's paying off a mortgage on a £500,000 house him and his ex wife bought. :ohmy: He's paying for it while she lives in it with her new bloke and he rents a one bed flat!.:laugh:

Tin Pot

Guru
I used to be a private banking manager and can assure you that people like this are not uncommon. Some people, either by luck or design, can go out and earn vast amounts of money and have no idea how to manage it.

Or can't face the stress of it.

Unfortunately the standard measure of wealth is salary, many years ago I realised it should be free cash...after taxes, mortgages, bills, dependants etc.

By this measure I know several people wealthier than me that earn a third.

Top Bottom