Teman Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reaper

I have been reading with interest some of the views concerning this make of bike . I have a mtb at the moment,nothing special,infact it only cost me fifty quid s/h . Although it rides quite well and does everything it should,it is rather heavy . So i've been looking into the possibility of getting a hybrid bike .I do agree with one contributor that the Temans do look good,i like the yellow/black one myself,but as we all know looks aren't everything .The specs seem fairly good for the money,but i really don't want to pay out between 150 and 200 pounds and then find out it's a bit of a bummer . So is there any updated info on these hybrid bikes you can help me with .Just as a point of interest,i purchased for my wife a s/h Teman Urban folding 20ins wheeled bike . She loves it and i cant fault it either . It rides well,all the equipment works well and is fairly easy to fold down . All in all it's a nice little bike . Hence my interest in Teman .

In all honesty any brand new bike for that sort of money is not going to be great, and when you Google 'Teman Bikes' it disturbs me that you don't get a manufacturers website, (admittedly I got bored of looking after 3 pages), but all you get are eBay links, Amazon links, and links to various other spurious sites like Gumtree and such like. That said if all you're doing is just pottering around they may well be fine judging from your Wife's experience of the brand.

However, you'd be better off buying a used bike for £200 IMO. You'll get a pretty decent bike for that money if you look around.

If you simply must buy a new one then I'd recommend you take a look at the b.twin bikes at Decathlon. They are generally regarded as offering very good VFM, and they are getting good reviews as well. You should also consider the Carrera bikes from Halfords for similar reasons. Both of these may stretch your budget a tad, but with bikes you really do get what you pay for.

OP
OP
R

Reaper

Many thanks for your views and advice . I think i will forget Teman ( but that yellow/black one did look good ) .

I'm leaning more to the s/h market . As long as the frames half decent,i can repair or replace anything else . I'm fairly handy with tools and have rebuilt bikes before .

Anybody else done the same?

rollinstok

Yes, I usually buy used bikes. The only ( 2 ) bikes I bought new were heavily discounted as they were the previous years models.
Take some time to learn about the hierarchy of Shimano and Sram parts as these are the parts that your bike is likely to be equipped with, cheap bikes are often advertised as Shimano equipped but at the top end of Shimano you would pay more for just a gear shifter than you would for a cheap bike.
Also consider the weight of the bike, a good hybrid should weigh no more than 25lbs with the best being around 20lbs.
I'd stay clear of any bike with suspension because its unlikely you could buy anything decent at £200 used

OP
OP
R

Reaper

Yes, I usually buy used bikes. The only ( 2 ) bikes I bought new were heavily discounted as they were the previous years models.
Take some time to learn about the hierarchy of Shimano and Sram parts as these are the parts that your bike is likely to be equipped with, cheap bikes are often advertised as Shimano equipped but at the top end of Shimano you would pay more for just a gear shifter than you would for a cheap bike.
Also consider the weight of the bike, a good hybrid should weigh no more than 25lbs with the best being around 20lbs.
I'd stay clear of any bike with suspension because its unlikely you could buy anything decent at £200 used

Top Bottom