Shaun

Founder
I will be removing a few of the board skins in the new year:

• Splat
  • OBlue
  • PBlue
  • CycleChatOrange
  • CycleChatLight
The aim is to reduce the amount of maintenance I need to do for each board upgrade, and to consolidate the branding of CC.

My long-term plan is to have a single, simple layout for the entire site, but that will take quite a bit of time to develop and I have other priorities ahead of the theme work that need to be completed first.

I will post another announcement nearer the time, but wanted to let you all know what the plan was.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

One thing I've been meaning to ask for a while: if I'm logged out (accidentally, usually after a cookie flushing frenzy) the site looks pretty much like it used to before the redesign. Is it supposed to? [eg lots of white, not blue backgrounds etc]

gavintc

Guru
Poo, I use CC Light. Looks like I will be looking for a new option. Might try the Bikeradar one. I have become less and less happy with the forum and it is probably time that I moved on.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Poo, I use CC Light. Looks like I will be looking for a new option. Might try the Bikeradar one. I have become less and less happy with the forum and it is probably time that I moved on.

That's fair enough. Have a look at the ones that will remain and see if any of them work for you:

• Classic
  • CycleChat
  • Cleancut
  • IP.Board
The IP.Board and Cleancut ones are included with the software so there is little or no cost to retain them, and they are usually updated when the software is.

On that note, there is a major upgrade due for the forums and all the component parts in the new year so there may be some neat features that make the forums work better for you.

Forums are fluid though - people come and go - and if you're not "feeling" CC like you once used to, then it's probably best to give some other forums a go to see if any of them feel like a better fit. I know there are lots of CC'ers who have feet in a number of camps. :thumbsup:

The door will remain open here if you want to pop back now and again ... :biggrin:

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
One thing I've been meaning to ask for a while: if I'm logged out (accidentally, usually after a cookie flushing frenzy) the site looks pretty much like it used to before the redesign. Is it supposed to? [eg lots of white, not blue backgrounds etc]

Yes, that's the forum default skin (Classic).

I commissioned the theme designer to create one that looked like the old site so that people would feel more at home with the new software.

Cheers,

lukesdad

Just leave "CleanCut" alone :smile:

Thats the one I use.
Me to !

Top Bottom