TFL Safer Lorries consultation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was just about to post about this but spotted your thread. Glad I checked first.
You probably got the same email regarding this as well. I'll be giving my views soon.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I just received this email:
TfL are now proposing that HGV's should be fitted with extra vision panels in the passenger door so the driver can see adjacent road users. This will reduce the 'left hook' collisions which have resulted in many cyclist and pedestrian fatalities.

The consultation includes two options:

• Option A - Differential road charging to encourage higher vision lorries
  • Option B - Restricting non-compliant vehicles (a ban or partial ban)

A full ban would be most effective to keep dangerous lorries off our streets. A partial ban would shift danger to those cycling outside restricted times. Limiting lorries to so called 'safer routes' would inevitably mean allowing dangerous HGVs to mix with cyclists due to the lack of continuously segregated routes in London.

Respond to the consultation here.

Please support these measures and encourage friends to do the same.

Kind regards,

Fred

P.s. These measures have been bought forward in response to cross party pressure from the London Assembly. In particular, this campaign has been taken up by Darren Johnson, Caroline Pidgeon and Andrew Boff. In the run up the London election we will be looking to hear from all parties (and independents) about their plans for cycle safety - if you're a representative we'd love you to get in touch, just reply to this email!
---
[1] http://saveourcyclists.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/call-on-mayor-and-gla-to-end-lorry.html
[2] http://saveourcyclists.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/our-2015-demands-reviewing-mayors.html

Fred Smith started this campaign on the 38 Degrees Campaigns by You website. If there's an issue close to your heart that you'd like to campaign on, you can start your campaign here.

You received this email because you signed the petition 'Save Our Cyclists'. If you don't want to receive emails from the 'Save Our Cyclists' campaign in the future, please unsubscribe.

Top Bottom