Thanet area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

family guy

Are there any cycling clubs in or around the Thanet area of Kent?:unsure: Basically I am after a laid back, don't care what you ride as long as it's a cycle type club.
Any like minded people who be interested in starting a club?........

OP
OP
family guy

family guy

Are there any cycling clubs in or around the Thanet area of Kent?:unsure: Basically I am after a laid back, don't care what you ride as long as it's a cycle type club.
Any like minded people who be interested in starting a club?........
Nobody interested :sad:.....How disappointing guess I will have to join Sky Ride then :excl: anyway Have fun and stay safe

Bryony

Veteran
There is Thanet Road Club but they are fairly racing based although I think they have a social ride on a Sunday?

SP Cycles in St Peters have just started a Saturday morning social ride that anyone can join.

Locks of Sandwich have evening rides no a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Meeting at the quay in Sandwich. They have a Facebook page listing up and coming rides.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
family guy

family guy

There is Thanet Road Club but they are fairly racing based although I think they have a social ride on a Sunday?

SP Cycles in St Peters have just started a Saturday morning social ride that anyone can join.

Locks of Sandwich have evening rides no a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Meeting at the quay in Sandwich. They have a Facebook page listing up and coming rides.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help, the St Peters sounds good. Will check it out. Thanks Bryony

OP
OP
family guy

family guy

mbd108

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum but 50+ reasonably fit looking for a non competitive group of like aged or minded individuals for group rides from Ramsgate. Anyone out there?

Nunikinu

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum but 50+ reasonably fit looking for a non competitive group of like aged or minded individuals for group rides from Ramsgate. Anyone out there?
hiya.. new to this site, looking to go on cycle rides whenever i am not wrking, i live in ramsgate.. i did put a request in the wrong place.. much to peoples dislike.. get in touch if you dont find anything.. niki

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Sorry I never noticed this thread before but Thanet RC is my club. They're a welcoming bunch and although they do have a racing team, it's not at all racing focused to the exclusion of non-racers.

There are two Sunday groups - one that sets off from the bus stop at St Nicholas at Wade at around 9am. The pace depends on who turns out but tends to be on the brisk side. The other group sets off from Monkton Gate usually around 8.50am and rides at a much more sociable pace (averaging about 15mph/24kmh) - this is the group I usually ride with. Many of the sociable group also ride on Tuesdays and there are various other groups who ride at other times.

2sheds

Regular
Was thinking about it myself, would be interested in a chat

Top Bottom