The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I fear I may struggle to keep going with this. January went well, and glad I got the February one in early. Been bed bound the last 10 days with my rhabdomyolysis again, so not likely back on the bike for probably 10 - 14 days, then gently gently. Can I have a sick note for March @ColinJ ?
As 13 rider says - don't knock yourself up for the sake of a fun challenge. Take as much rest as you need, and then just do what you can after that!

One good thing about the challenge rides is that you can take as long as you want to do them so you could take a full day to do your next 50 km - BUT ONLY WHEN YOU ARE WELL ENOUGH! I hope that it will not be too long before that day comes. Oh, and that the doctors work out what is causing you to suffer these problems and find a way to sort them out, or at least keep them under control.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I fear I may struggle to keep going with this. January went well, and glad I got the February one in early. Been bed bound the last 10 days with my rhabdomyolysis again, so not likely back on the bike for probably 10 - 14 days, then gently gently. Can I have a sick note for March @ColinJ ?
Get well soon. I fear my quota will be down as well - I have had a recurrence of an upper-back/base of the neck problem that cycling may be contributing to. I'm currently doing turbo miles in the kitchen, but I've yet to be bothered enough to reposition the bike computer to count the miles. :whistle:

Get well soon cosmicbike, whilst i am taking the word challenge in the thread title seriously i'm only taking it seriously as a challenge to myself. I will have no problem ducking out for a month if circumstances dictate that even if it means i don't get a star at the end of the year. (Keep this quiet but i'm not sure what the percentage of readers of this forum even know what they are for. It was at least a year on this forum before i noticed them and another 6 months or so until i found out what they were for.)

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Upper back still causing problems (and lower back - but that's another story!), but I managed a little 8 mile tester today. Leaving this month's late, I know, but if I do it, it'll be gentle pootle. :smile:

thetribe

Über Member
I think I've fallen at the third hurdle, managed Jan & Feb rides no bother but had an extra busy March so haven't managed more than an hour, 2 at a push, on the bike at a time. I managed to work things so I have up to 4 hours spare tomorrow after work but I see we're forecast for 50mph winds, I'm not crazy enough to attempt to go out in those winds (unless I can get dropped off upwind and freewheel all the way home :thumbsup:)

Fingers crossed the forecast is totally wrong and I get my 50k in tomorrow :smile:

Katherine

Guru
I think I've fallen at the third hurdle, managed Jan & Feb rides no bother but had an extra busy March so haven't managed more than an hour, 2 at a push, on the bike at a time. I managed to work things so I have up to 4 hours spare tomorrow after work but I see we're forecast for 50mph winds, I'm not crazy enough to attempt to go out in those winds (unless I can get dropped off upwind and freewheel all the way home :thumbsup:)

Fingers crossed the forecast is totally wrong and I get my 50k in tomorrow :smile:
Yes, it's the last day of March, fingers crossed!!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
What a day to get it done! Todays was really tough, and the longest I've ridden for 6 weeks due to 'Episode 5'. Still, if I am to rebuild then I need to push on. I just did laps of Windsor Great Park today, so a split of grinding at 5-9mph into the wind at times, followed by the easiest 15-20mph cycling I've done downwind! Please to have got that in, all things considered, and that makes Jan/Feb/Mar done:smile:

13 rider

Guru
What a day to get it done! Todays was really tough, and the longest I've ridden for 6 weeks due to 'Episode 5'. Still, if I am to rebuild then I need to push on. I just did laps of Windsor Great Park today, so a split of grinding at 5-9mph into the wind at times, followed by the easiest 15-20mph cycling I've done downwind! Please to have got that in, all things considered, and that makes Jan/Feb/Mar done:smile:
Talk about leaving it late .Glad to see back on your bike and STILL in the challenge .Well done ,hope you not over done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom