The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Sorry to hear that .Get well soon. Its not worth risking your health for the sake of a fun challenge . Hope your back to full fitness soon

I agree - Last year I over did it on my bike, chasing Strava challenges & miles. Resulting in me injuring my knee's - meant I had around 3 months off of the bike.
Cycling is meant to be fun - So rest up and get better soon!

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Thanks for your wishes - I think I'll be investing in a good malt to deal with the cold. ^_^

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Lack of wind today, replaced by rain. Set out with 25 miles in mind, route was longer than I thought so got April's metric 50 in early:smile:
Stayed dry for the first half too, then it got a bit damp:rain:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Been pushing at this every ride out so far this month, and got my 4th metric 50 for the April today. I'd like to say it's getting easier, and if I'm to get am imperial 50 I need to review my pace as I'm not convinced I can maintain it for that distance. I reckon I should get the CX out and have a day trip at a lower pace with some nice tea stops:smile:

Jon George

I'm getting cabin fever. Today was the first day in weeks that my upper back has not been complaining. I managed three short shop trips out on #3 bike, so am crossing my fingers that I can get out and enjoy this weather. (And some miles ^_^)

13 rider

Guru
One third completed . Who still on for the whole year by my reckoning there's 11 of us
@13rider , @ColinJ , @gavgav , @howdenbiker , @Harry_Palmer79 , @ray2602 , @Spinney , @themosquitoking ,@MikeW-71 , @Katherine and @cosmicbike
Missed anyone .Anyone not posted April's ride yet

Jon George

Way to go everyone! I'm beginning to venture out on longer rides again, but the upper back problem is still there, though improving. (Hell, at least I managed some rides in January. ^_^)

13 rider

Guru
The way you are going, you should consider doing the 100km as month next year.
Me our @Spoked Wheels ? . At the start of this year I had only been back riding 3 months and a metric century was beyond my range . As fittnes has improved I have now completed 1 metric century and several high 50s and aiming to do one this month as a strava challenge. Next year if things continue I will be attempting the metric century challenge

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Me our @Spoked Wheels ? . At the start of this year I had only been back riding 3 months and a metric century was beyond my range . As fittnes has improved I have now completed 1 metric century and several high 50s and aiming to do one this month as a strava challenge. Next year if things continue I will be attempting the metric century challenge
I meant you but there is no reason why @Spoked Wheels can't do it as well :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom