The 2015 Night Ride thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
No.
I think it has been shown to take more than one person to over think.
The combined effort of several others (yourself included) has helped.
The remainder don't need to know.
QED.

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anyway. Can I admit that I don't actually like the seaside? Of the classic rides, only Whitstable is somewhere I'd choose to go - and the best bit of the ride is the time trial. I'd cheerfully stop Brighton at the top of the Beacon, Southend is a horrific place, and the section of NSL road on the way to Felpham makes me want to stop at Arundel. I rather enjoyed Wittering and Bosham on the way to Emsworth, but the cafe itself (lovely though it was) might as well have been in Northampton.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
[edit]
Register of rides....
(nothing guaranteed yet)

1st May - @Trickedem - London to Whitstable
2nd May - @swarm_catcher - Brussels to De Panne.

Please contact the indicated user by PM if you want more details.

--------------------------------------------
The night-meister @dellzeqq is taking a break for at least some of next year, and a number of others are thinking of trying to fill in the gaps in the calendar. To avoid too much duplication, and clashes, this is your chance to declare your hands. I'll start.

I'm intending to do something from Central London to Oxford, via Buckinghamshire on roads which are much less hilly than the ones the Tour of Britain used. I've got an enthusiastic in-principle agreement from the local church to provide refreshments half-way, and @Fab Foodie is using his contacts to see if we can find somewhere good in Oxford for breakfast.

I've also had a couple of other ideas for non-coastal destinations, but so far nothing more than ideas that I think might have legs.

Anyone else? @AKA Bob @Flying Dodo @redfalo @theclaud
Pencil in, if you would please, 15 May for Round the Coast (IOW).

mmmmartin

Random geezer
we should be able to keep places like The Cabin and Stock on board? ..
Stock is finished, the family don't want to do it any more.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
So at the moment she isn't coming close to 60 miles a week.
Hey. Listen. If she has the guts to turn up at the start we'll have the guts to get her to the finish. We've been here before, you know.
Get her to do a ride longer than usual, it'll all be fine. If she's fighting the bike all the way, life will be difficult, so ensure the bike is as slick as can be. You seem to imagine she'll be the first rider in that nervous position.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anyway. Can I admit that I don't actually like the seaside? Of the classic rides, only Whitstable is somewhere I'd choose to go - and the best bit of the ride is the time trial. I'd cheerfully stop Brighton at the top of the Beacon, Southend is a horrific place, and the section of NSL road on the way to Felpham makes me want to stop at Arundel. I rather enjoyed Wittering and Bosham on the way to Emsworth, but the cafe itself (lovely though it was) might as well have been in Northampton.

burn_at_stake2w.jpg

ianmac62

Guru
CTC are updating their insurance from 1st October. This appeared in the Club Shorts e-mail:

Insurance guidance to change
CTC’s master insurance policy is renewed on an annual basis. Occasionally this means that the Terms and Conditions we agree with our brokers change slightly, and these are reflected in the guidance notes we provide to Member Groups. Please note that, as from the 1 October 2014, the insurance guidance notes will state that the suggested number of guest riders allowed to attend a CTC Member Group ride will change from a maximum of five to a maximum of ten. Each guest rider should only take part a maximum of three times, rather than the current five, before being asked to join CTC. This change is to enable CTC groups to provide rides for more members of the public, and therefore encourage more to people to join CTC.

ianmac62

Guru
It will all be over by then.
I'm afraid that, in three out of the last four seasons, Northampton Town have depended upon the results of the final Saturday in order to stay in the Football League. If, of course, it's all over by then I will (a) join the Flemish Night Ride and (b) look forward to the delights of Eastleigh, Forest Green and Braintree.

Top Bottom