The 2015 Night Ride thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Depending on numbers it needn't be Tesco if the halfway point is Guildford. I can certainly do half a dozen, probably squeeze in a dozen and half if they're friendly and may be able to rustle up someone to do something more somewhere in the area.
I'll bear that in mind. Thanks.

At Christmas (ie in 3 months time rather than next year), I'll be re-running my Whitstable round tour, which starts at Whitstable, goes down to Dover, then basically the Viking trail all the way round the coast back to Whitstable in time for breakfast.

I do have a hankering for a London to Folkstone/Dover night ride. It is a bit hard core as it's long at about 90 miles though.

StuAff

At Christmas (ie in 3 months time rather than next year), I'll be re-running my Whitstable round tour, which starts at Whitstable, goes down to Dover, then basically the Viking trail all the way round the coast back to Whitstable in time for breakfast.

I do have a hankering for a London to Folkstone/Dover night ride. It is a bit hard core as it's long at about 90 miles though.
London-Dover was great. Dave's knees obviously disagree!

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
and if @redfalo is too busy. Happy to run the Brighton ride.

One lesson I learnt on the Brighton ride on 5 Sept that - unless your name is Simon Legg - its really good to have (at least) two people at the front of the ride who are experienced at night rides and know the route, the usual regrouping points and such kind of stuff. So I'd be more than happy to do it jointly with you again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One lesson I learnt on the Brighton ride on 5 Sept that - unless your name is Simon Legg - its really good to have (at least) two people at the front of the ride who are experienced at night rides and know the route, the usual regrouping points and such kind of stuff. So I'd be more than happy to do it jointly with you again.

Good man...happy to go for what ever date is good for you.

StuAff

Forgot to add earlier- happy to help with full or partial recces (& route advice) anywhere within reasonable distance.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
One lesson I learnt on the Brighton ride on 5 Sept that - unless your name is Simon Legg - its really good to have (at least) two people at the front of the ride who are experienced at night rides and know the route, the usual regrouping points and such kind of stuff................
Yes.
On the Manchester-Morecambe ride it was a great help to me after Bury that redfalo could lead the ride while I replied to various 'phone calls and made arrangements for our arrivals at Morecambe and Lancaster.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Dare I mention the dread word insurance here? Could people be putting themselves at big risk organising such things without ride organisers insurance? Would the same rules requring all participants to have 3rd party insurance apply (and be policed?).

I might consider re-doing my Coventry ride that I ran this year as a night ride, but it's a long way (95+ miles) and there are various other "but"s that I won't go into right now (insurance being one of them).

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dare I mention the dread word insurance here? Could people be putting themselves at big risk organising such things without ride organisers insurance? Would the same rules requring all participants to have 3rd party insurance apply (and be policed?).

I might consider re-doing my Coventry ride that I did ran this year as a night ride, but it's a long way (95+ miles) and there are various other "but"s that I won't go into right now (insurance being one of them).

I would run any ride I plan under FNR rules and conditions. As was @redfalo 's night ride to Brighton last week.

Top Bottom