The Archers

Well are you an Archers fan?

• I love the Archers. It's a wonderful British institution

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Anyone who listens to the Archers should be institutionalised

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User482 said:
I didn't say it was harmful, I said it was deathly dull. :evil:

Oh, i dunno, I remember me and my Mum being on tenterhooks over Brian telling Jenny he'd got Siobhan up the duff, at Christmas one year. And then there was the time a cow sat on David in a ditch and nearly killed him, and then when Joe Grundy had his nervous breakdown and hammered his ferrets to death...

Anyway, Im genetically predisposed to listening, being an Archer myself, with a Grundy for a mother.

Back in the 60's, my Dad called in at a local pub, and on hearing the landlord call him Mr Archer, the landlord's elderly mother in law demanded his autograph. He never knew which Archer she thought he was...

Arch said:
... And then there was the time a cow sat on David in a ditch and nearly killed him ...

I remember that! I went through a brief phase of listening when I first started driving for a living, and that was one of the more exciting episodes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
I remember that! I went through a brief phase of listening when I first started driving for a living, and that was one of the more exciting episodes.

Indeed, he and Roooooth were having a dodgy patch in their marriage at the time I think. It was New Year's Eve, IIRC....

Those of us who remember Tim Bentinck playing the dishy cavalier in By the Sword Divided on telly have a soft spot for David...

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Well, since you claim not to remember a thing about it, it doesn't seem to have done you any harm...;)

Not necessarily, he might have repressed it and it's causing untold trouble with his psyche.

Mr Pig

I used to watch Neighbours. Knew it was garbage but it was on at the right time of day, when you were looking for some visual chewing gum before tea was ready. Just got too annoyingly stupid though.

Top Bottom