The Armstrong Lie

Did LA dope in 2009?

• Yes

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Who knows... Maybe

Power
Confidence
Success
Money

And lots more. I'd imagine the typical woman would find a lot attractive about him. Not everyday you meet a man who has beaten cancer, or started a charity which has rasied hundreds of millions of dollars, or won 7 tdf's etc.

One of the most driven and determined people I can think of, women find that attractive. So do I, and I'm straight (although I do doubt myself when it comes to Armstrong.)

Wow.

Seriously?

blazed

220lb+
[QUOTE 3969118, member: 45"]He didn't win 7 TDFs.[/QUOTE]So who won them?

blazed

220lb+
Merckx is a 5x tour de France winner... Pantani and Ullrich are tdf champs, Contador a 2x winner?

But Armstrong has won none? A sea of TDF doping champs but only Armstrong gets deleted from history. He won each title just as fairly as the guys above (and many more).

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Who knows... Maybe

Power
Confidence
Success
Money

And lots more. I'd imagine the typical woman would find a lot attractive about him. Not everyday you meet a man who has beaten cancer, or started a charity which has rasied hundreds of millions of dollars, etc.

One of the most driven and determined people I can think of, women find that attractive. So do I, and I'm straight (although I do doubt myself when it comes to Armstrong.)

blazed

220lb+
[QUOTE 3969207, member: 45"]Who they were has no relevance to Armstrong not winning 7 TDFs.[/QUOTE]
Of course it does. You are implying these people were 'cheated'. There is a reason his titles were not given to any other riders.

Unless you can be certain there were clean riders, and the only reason these clean riders never won the tdf was due to the increase doping produces? This a highly unlikely scenario. He cheated the fans, not the riders.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Armstrong should be erased from cycling history. He ironically is a cancer on the sport. He ruined lives with his psychopathic behaviour and deserves to remain in isolation.

blazed

220lb+
Armstrong should be erased from cycling history. He ironically is a cancer on the sport. He ruined lives with his psychopathic behaviour and deserves to remain in isolation.
Who's lives did he ruin? The people you are referring to have benefited from being ascoiated with him. The likes of David Walsh would be relative nobodies if not for him. They are also paid well to talk at events.

Saying he was a cancer on the sport is ridiculous considering everybody was doping long before he came along. Police busts finding huge hauls of drugs in team cars, entire teams confessing to doping. He entered sport where everybody doped, a sport where you could not win if you didn't dope.

He raised the profile of cycling. Nobody gave a sh*t about cycling before him, it was a fringe sport.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Who's lives did he ruin? The people you are referring to have benefited from being ascoiated with him. The likes of David Walsh would be relative nobodies if not for him. They are also paid well to talk at events.

Saying he was a cancer on the sport is ridiculous considering everybody was doping long before he came along. Police busts finding huge hauls of drugs in team cars, entire teams confessing to doping. He entered sport where everybody doped, a sport where you could not win if you didn't dope.

He raised the profile of cycling. Nobody gave a sh*t about 2 before him, it was a fringe sport.

I suppose you think his treatment of Greg LeMond was acceptable as well. I'm not talking just about journalists but also other riders, some of whom were coerced into doping by Armstrong and his lackies. I know I'm wasting my time as you're obviously an armstrong fanboy and also a bit of a troll on here.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
This is 'The Armstrong Lie' as in 'You wouldn't let it...', I guess.

Could someone please put this thread out of our misery.

blazed

220lb+
My lord, people are still talking about Uniball as if he were still relevant? :laugh:
It's not like there's currently a movie in cinemas up and down the country about him is it... Clearly irrelevant.

The greatest cyclist of all time and one of the most famous athletes of all time will never be irrelevant.

Top Bottom