The Beatles - Eight Days A Week. Will you go to see it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
... me old mucker?
Macca, shorely?

giphy.gif

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I regularly have arguments with a pro musso friend over their influence. He maintains they are the greatest and most influential band on the planet, ever, and I maintain whilst that might be true their influence, and particularly their influence on contemporary popular music, is hugely exaggerated.

Venod

Eh up
I regularly have arguments with a pro musso friend over their influence. He maintains they are the greatest and most influential band on the planet, ever, and I maintain whilst that might be true their influence, and particularly their influence on contemporary popular music, is hugely exaggerated.

Every musician has their influence's, I am sure The Beatles did inspire some people, to what extent who knows, The Beatles themselves were influenced by various artists as can be seen from this article.

http://www.liverpoolcityportal.co.uk/beatles/beatles_influences.html

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I liked the early Beatles, the rock'n'roll years but being three when they broke America I can't really remember it. I'm finding the gushing excitement of the meejha, most of whom weren't even born when the Beatles split up, over Ron Howard's new filum rather off putting. I may go and see it anyway.

What about you?
Shan't bother.

D

Deleted member 26715

Watched it, was mildly interesting, just another documentary seemed to pass over the first couple of years, concentrate on 63-66 then pass over to the end.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'll watch it when it reaches telly, why not. Wouldn't pay to see it though. Can't see it being a patch on Hard Days Night ("Very clean, isn't he?") I'm one of the few - which is to say, a True Believer. I could just be very undiscriminating, given musical tastes that encompass everything from Thomas Tallis to Duke Ellington to The Upsetters, but I still believe The Beatles were a unique and astonishing phenomenon, that produced a staggering outpouring of innovative and wonderful songs, with some of the best music and lyrics ever to hit the hit parade.

Eleanor Rigby
Wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for?

Eleanor Rigby
Died in the church and was buried along with her name
Nobody came

Find me better lyrics in popular music. Any popular music.

Sneer if you choose, but any band responsible for lyrics like that and the orchestral-crescendo-to-grand-piano chord-crash finale of Day in The Life fully deserves to be remembered and revered.

I still won't be at the Odeon any day soon, mind.

Top Bottom