The Cookson Chronicles - His actions as UCI president thus far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He should try and get Michael Ashenden back in some capacity if possible.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I'm guessing Heinous is still there because it isn't in BC's power to remove him but he's going to be having a nasty influence until he's gone.

I was wondering about that. I suppose the best he can do is marginalise him but he's still the elephant in the room.

resal

Veteran
Thom that was so funny. It has made my day.

So after 6 months notice, during which time, it never for a second looked likely that Pat would win, and even the most moronic of rotten eggs would have had time for the penny to drop, even if it were traveling at the speed of a glacier, that they needed to remove any incriminating files, .........

.......then the "A" Team swoop.

What makes it so incredibly hilarious is Cookson thinks we are as stupid as he is and tells it just like Baldrick revealing his most cunning plan.

Moment of the day. Thank you.

Hont

Guru
"I don't like to think there was anything serious, but we had to take the precaution"

That's just good governance. If they had done nothing, they would have looked incompetent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crackle

"I don't like to think there was anything serious, but we had to take the precaution"

That's just good governance. If they had done nothing, they would have looked incompetent.
Absolutely. Resal makes a fair point about the evidence already being dealt with but that's hardly something Cookson could control until he was in a position too. Also I think the interview I originally linked to answers a lot of Resal's criticism of Cookson, don't know if he thinks that though.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Answering an earlier question of my own. Cookson says honorary vice presidents don't have a vote nor do they attend management committee meetings any more. He wouldn't be drawn on whether the role will continue to exist but I would guess not by his expression.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-cookson-has-hectic-few-first-weeks-as-uci-president

OP
OP
C

Crackle

No wonder Pat refused to answer questions on his salary and that was without the (alleged) backhanders from caught dopers

Top Bottom