The Crap Bike Challenge West mids - 25th July 2015 CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

SORRY - THIS RIDE IS CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORSEEN WORK COMMITMENTS AND A BROKEN LEG!
I appreciate this is a long time off yet but thought I would post up and give plenty of notice.

The crap bike challenge.
This is something I have done with friends before and it has always gone down well and has been a huge laugh.
This year Ive decided to post it up and see who else would like to join.

Beg, borrow, Steal, Build or Buy the biggest piece of crap that you can lay your hands on. The Only real rules for the bikes are they must be in a safe working and ride - able state meaning they must have OK tyres and must have working breaks, other than that pretty much anything goes!

The ride is a mix of canal towpath, roads and some light off road trails (maybe tougher depending on who shows up and their experience level).

Goes without saying that you should wear suitable clothing for the ride, Helmets aren't mandatory but please if you choose to wear one, respect that others may not want to.

Meeting point - Lower Rushall Street council car park, Across the road from The Victoria Pub.
Address - Lower Rushall Street, Walsall. WS1 2AA. 52.585404, -1.975948
Date - Saturday 25th July 2015
Time - 10:00am for a 10:30am start. If you are not there for 10:30am we will leave without you unless contact is made to let us know you are running late.

The route -
The route is a mix of a bit of everything, A bit of road, some light trails, some canal towpath and maybe a bit of the muddy stuff but nothing too heavy. From the meeting point we will ride through Walsall Arboretum and jump onto the canal from there we will ride to the chasewater, Where we can do a lap or two of the lake and do a café stop, Then a ride down the canal via Fishley and leamore and come back into Walsall passing Walsall Art Gallery. There may be further additions yet but ill see how the "scope out ride" goes and post up. It is expected to take around 4 hours though.

Car parking is available all day, I will find out the cost tomorrow for those who want to know.
Everybody is welcome, Although under 16s must be with a adult.
We will ride at a nice gentle pace/at the pace of the slowest rider.

(ill put a route map up when time allows)

Last edited:
OP
OP
hedder2212

hedder2212

route map for those interested, it has changed a little to add some distance.
one.png

two.png

three.png

There are a few of us that will be doing part of the beacon trail? after the ride is finished, again anybody who wishes to is welcome to join us on that one.

Top Bottom