The Cycle Show series 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Watched it last week and tonight (recorded) it's getting better, a new presenter who knows how to present and interview, slicker features. It's not perfect but it going in the right direction. They should lose the pointless race on rollers at the end though, it's really naff.

Anyone else seen it?

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I was lucky enough to be in the audience for the second show at Cadence Performance Centre in Crystal Palace, I must say Matt the presenter came across as a genuine lover of cycling. He took time out to talk to us before the recording of the show and was very knowledgeable and interested in cycling in general. Overall a really nice guy and a great presenter of the show which was evident over the recording.

gavgav

Guru
Only watched part 1 so far, parts 2 and 3 on Sky + to watch, but thought the 1st part was much better than the last series and Matt barbet (I think his name is?) comes across far better than the previous presenter. Agree with the rollers race though, needs a different challenge now!

mustang1

Guru
Is matt the presenter who flutters his eyes a lot? I know a couple of guys who do that and when they do, o kinda stop listening to what they're saying coz my attention is diverted.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Agreed. Matt Barbett (he used to present London news in the mornings) is a much better presenter then that Norn oirish chappy. He's also very into his cycling. And they dropped that blond lady presenter, she was just so awful.

I do like the hill climb feature.

Not seen any of the new series yet but always thought it had potential once the producers had sorted it out and it matured. Bit like the current format of Top Gear was a bit naff when it first started.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I agree the hill climb feature is interesting, the venue change is good too, no distracting hipsters in background buying coffee.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Watched it last week and tonight (recorded) it's getting better, a new presenter who knows how to present and interview, slicker features. It's not perfect but it going in the right direction. They should lose the pointless race on rollers at the end though, it's really naff.

Anyone else seen it?
I've been watching it and, I agree, it's turning into a decent cycling programme. They seem to have been listening to viewers' comments. I like the hill climbs series and, yes, the 30 second test of leg speed has little point other than to bring the guests together at the end.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And fair play to John Torode. I didn't know he cycled. Turned up to the studio on his bike (fixie) covered in sweat and talked a lot of sense about cycling and cyclists in London.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
And fair play to John To rode. I didn't know he cycled. Turned up to the studio on his bike (fixie) covered in sweat and talked a lot of sense about cycling and cyclists in London.

Yes he did, no poncy bull, he just rides his bikes because he enjoys it a good interview I thought.

Yes it's better. It's still a bit cycling plus/New Cyclist (remember that) but it's improved. They could do with commissioning more content for it, in the form of some adventure but it's better.

Got first three episodes recorded was wondering if I could be bothered to watch it? probably will now everyone says its better than the first 2 series....

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
We've watched the first two episodes (and the previous series) I actually liked the previous presenter and find this one a bit creepy, there something about him that means I keep expecting him to pull out a guitar and plunge in to kumbaya.

Agreed the speed thing at the end is all a bit pointless, I guess it allows you to work out when it's finished. The hill feature is good and I like the guy who presents it (as you can see, I'm terrible with names).

Top Bottom