The Cycle Show Series 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Oooh, was wondering if we would get another series.

I know a few folk that turn there nose up at this programme, saying it's too mainstream bla bla bla.

Personally, If I can watch any programme on cycling I am a happy person (even if it includes Lance)

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Too mainstream??? I would rather it got out of the racing rut it seems to keep falling into. It has occasional sparks but they haven't caught light often. Maybe all the DK and NL cycling films on youtube have spoiled me but looking more closely at the cycling cultures of places Where there is mass or at least increasing cycling would be good... even the few UK hotspots.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I stopped watching it because of various things... bigotry... but wasn't Top Gear all over the map? Racing one week, economy the next, then a glorified travelogue...

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
For me, I'd really like it if they did bike reviews, tech reviews, workshop tips, kit reviews, and of course interviews with riders, sporting articles etc etc.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've been watching the first two episodes of the current series.

It has got a lot better, more professional. An anchor that actuall knows what he's doing, they've got rid of most of the silly distractions of the cafe, and the camera work is less "media studies studenty" . I particularly like the camera work on the last two hill climb features, with the drone camera photography.

It's a much much better show than it was.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Never seen any of them..ill try and remember to record it..thanks for posting.

i usually miss all the good stuff on the lees poular channels..

martint235

Dog on a bike
I thought last night's was actually one of their best. Marianne Vos is always entertaining, the piece about RAAM could have been a little more in depth but then you could easily do a whole hour on RAAM. The climb of the week is getting a little grating though, it doesn't seem to be about "good" climbs just how steep a climb is.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Never seen any of them..ill try and remember to record it..thanks for posting.

i usually miss all the good stuff on the lees poular channels..
I agree that the programme is much improved. Like 'magazine' type programmes, there's always something that doesn't appeal quite so much and features which with a magazine you might skip or go back to later. Catchy uppy link - https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-cycle-show

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Watched it for the first time last night. The Vos interview was brilliant (because of Vos rather than the bloke doing the interview) and I enjoyed the RAAM feature but wasn't impressed by the rest.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've been watching the show since it launched and its got better series by series. Apart from the TDF its the only reason to watch ITV4.

I like the 100 greatest climbs feature (agreed the camera work was impressive on recent ones) and they have some good guests, but then I think I am in love with Marianne/a Vos so I was especially pleased this week.

I'm always impressed by Rachael Aldred so was pleased to see her on the show, not so much the militant die-in guy. They could have made a whole show about the cycle safety aspects they touched on yesterday, I wished they'd included the feature that Chris Boardman did on cycling in Utrecht on the TDF show the other day, that was brilliant, the man just talks total sense.

And I dont think doing kit reviews or parts/bike tests would be very good telly, sure it may be useful for us super bike geeks but for the wider audience that would be a bit dull, and there's enough info on that stuff available if you want to seek it out. I much prefer the overviews things they did that have wider appeal, like the thing with Dr Hutch at Herne Hill on that ancient bike (dude just needed a bigger chainring/smallewr rear cog!) I'd like to see more on retro bikes and a bit more on the history of cycling too, and they could do some features on time trials and the evolution of the aero-ness of the sport.

Overall impressive stuff, cycling has many forms and it manages to incorporate all of them pretty well, which when you consider some roadies refuse to even wave at MTB'ers and vice versa, I think they're doing pretty well. Good work ITV, credit where its due.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
And sorry, that Anna Glowinski.. she has to go. I thought and hoped she would become better at the interview game, but clearly hasn't.

Hopp's shoes... anyone notice them? :ohmy:

I agree, she's a truly awful presenter and has no business on the TV.

Top Bottom