The CycleChat Helmet Debate Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CaadX

I'd love you to show me where I haven't kept an open mind, and if you're suggesting that "Duh, a helmet saved my life, it's totes obvs innit, LOL!!!" is keeping an open mind, well maybe that's the irony you're referring to.
No it wasn't a throw away remark, your first contributions clearly demonstrated that you had little to no understanding of the debate and that you had quite clearly not read through this thread or any of the archived ones, your "helmet saved life" statement is clear evidence of this. In your more recent post you have said that you are not convinced, that's quite an about face and the most likely explanation is that you've taken the time to educate yourself a little.
Translation ?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Only to you and people campaigning against them.
actually, it's relevant to this topic as a whole... you know; helmets, risk assessment, choices, compulsion... that is what we're discussing.

And I'm not campaigning against them... i personally don't feel they're necessary. If you wanna wear a polystyrene hat, that's up to you. I prefer cotton or fleece hats.

CaadX

actually, it's relevant to this topic as a whole... you know; helmets, risk assessment, choices, compulsion... that is what we're discussing.

And I'm not campaigning against them... i just don't feel they're necessary. If you wanna wear a polystyrene hat, that's up to you. I prefer cotton or fleece hats.
I appreciate what you say, however logic is not at play here emotion is.

MontyVeda

I appreciate what you say, however logic is not at play here emotion is.
I feel my choice is logical. Cycling is a safe form of transport and no PPE is necessary.

Reactions: mjr

MontyVeda

.... and what about everybody else, could you perhaps of worded that a little differently, I'm sure you are not the type of me me me person
What about everybody else? They make their choices just like I made mine*. Other people also contribute to this thread, just like i do. How would you have liked me to word it?

*mostly in ignorance.

Reactions: mjr

CaadX

Au contraire. This is logic vs intuition.

The logical, scientific position is clear - the hypothesis that cycle helmets provide us benefits is unproven.

The intuitive position "helmets must be a good idea" is all subjective, supposition, assumption and emotion.
My time here is done. You are of course right and they are wrong. You have shot the messenger good for you. I've tried to highlight how I perceive the other side of the debate may think, of course as they don't really seem to be bothered, its all supposition. It may have provided food for thought for some.

But just remember this God Forbid compulsion comes to the top of the agenda we will need all the allies we can muster. The helmet wearers at the moment really do not give a toss, its not going to make a lot difference one way or the other. God knows you have alienated enough already. Some may even think it a blessing in disguise just to shut you lot up, no they wouldn't would they ?

Personally I think you have concentrated your time and effort barking up the wrong tree. You should be focusing on something we can all agree on non wearers and wearers alike. I ll leave you to work that one out.

Oh and Mugshot a word of advice the louder you shout the less you get heard

Top Bottom