The diet starts now !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
It seems some are worried about looking thin, does that mean we are starting to think larger is normal.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You'll be hiding behind lampposts if you get that low.

I'm 80kg at 5'9" and I'm not tubby.

At my sveltest I was 72kg, and I looked skinny.
I still have a 35-36" waist. I would like to get back to my youthful 32" but if not that then at most, say, 33-34".

When I left university, I was 68 kgs and I did look (and feel) underweight then.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm the opposite to you fatties. I eat loads, i've just had a 150 gram bag of crisps for a snack but no matter how i try i can't put weight on! I don't suppose cycling helps as i can put a few pounds on if i don't ride for a week or so but it soon comes off after a few rides.

howard2107

I'm the opposite to you fatties. I eat loads, i've just had a 150 gram bag of crisps for a snack but no matter how i try i can't put weight on! I don't suppose cycling helps as i can put a few pounds on if i don't ride for a week or so but it soon comes off after a few rides.
You can borrow my belly for a month or two, i feed it crisps nuts and beer, so if you borrow it, you can make it go smaller and tell me the secrets of how to keep it that way, and if it grows back you can borrow it again.:notworthy:

screenman

Legendary Member
Accy, out of interest to us who have to be careful could you write down exactly what you eat one day, portion size and all that. I am of the calories in versus calories out camp and wonder how some people burn off more than others.

I think you might do quite a bit of ladder work if I remember correctly.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm another that is struggling at the moment. I put decent miles in cycling but I know I still eat too much. Back up to nine and a half stone which is just starting to get too heavy for 5' 3". Really feel it on the hills.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I use https://lifesum.com/ a free app that's simple to use. Set it up with your current weight, height age etc and the tell it the weight you want to get to. It will then ask you how many calories you want to eat per day (I chose roughly 2000). It worked out that it will take me 39 weeks to reach my target weight which seems reasonable. Each day you input what you've eaten (involves a bit of weighing of food and bar code scanning) and it calculate what you've eaten calorie wise, how much you can still have, prompts you to drink water (didn't realise how little I was drinking before) and also you input what exercise you've done each day. Once a week you do a weigh in, I lost 1.8 kilos last week, and it charts it so you get a nice graphical record of your progress. There are in app purchases (recipes, other diets etcs) but the basic version is free and effective. It brings real structure to the difficult business of eating less and exercising more. Couldn't recommend it enough.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was pretty inactive after my fall for 8 months due to the leg not healing until they removed the first pin in my femur and put a bigger one in and my weight shot up from 13 1/2 to over 15st (98kg) Its coming down now but only slowly, something to do with me being mid 50s maybe. :rolleyes:

Lullabelle

Banana
Last year my mum's health took a turn for the worse and we knew she was going to leave us, I started to comfort eat and drink (not heavy just more often) It has left me heavier than I have ever been and lacking energy, so I have been stuck in the circle of low energy so not exercising, no exercise no weight loss. Feel tired and sluggish all the time so as from yesterday, no naughties, I cannot diet because they are hard to stick to so eat less, no alcohol-crisps-chocolate-cake.

Good luck everyone :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, out of interest to us who have to be careful could you write down exactly what you eat one day, portion size and all that. I am of the calories in versus calories out camp and wonder how some people burn off more than others.

I think you might do quite a bit of ladder work if I remember correctly.

It varies but this is what i had yesterday. Half a banana and two slices of toast with low fat spread for breakfast. A handful of mixed nuts half way through my bike ride. For my evening meal i had a cheese omelette chips and beans.followed by a large bowl of ice cream. Then later i had that large packet of crisps, some more nuts, and a small portion of home made lasagne. Liquid wise i had about a pint of home made fruit and veg smoothie, five cups of tea and three pints of beer.
Yes i climb ladders for about 5 hours a day,and due to time being money i hardly stop so i take in no food during that time. Don't get me wrong, i might be happy about my weight(11 stone 10 pounds i've just weighed myself)but when i look in a mirror i see someone too thin. I'd like to go back to my pre cancer weight of 13 and a half stone but i'd have to eat like a horse and stop cycling to achieve it. Two things i definitely don't want to.do.

screenman

Legendary Member
It varies but this is what i had yesterday. Half a banana and two slices of toast with low fat spread for breakfast. A handful of mixed nuts half way through my bike ride. For my evening meal i had a cheese omelette chips and beans.followed by a large bowl of ice cream. Then later i had that large packet of crisps, some more nuts, and a small portion of home made lasagne. Liquid wise i had about a pint of home made fruit and veg smoothie, five cups of tea and three pints of beer.
Yes i climb ladders for about 5 hours a day,and due to time being money i hardly stop so i take in no food during that time. Don't get me wrong, i might be happy about my weight(11 stone 10 pounds i've just weighed myself)but when i look in a mirror i see someone too thin. I'd like to go back to my pre cancer weight of 13 and a half stone but i'd have to eat like a horse and stop cycling to achieve it. Two things i definitely don't want to.do.

Does not sound that much for somebody so active. Have you tried picking up the 2 stone you would like to put back on, it may put you off the idea.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Does not sound that much for somebody so active. Have you tried picking up the 2 stone you would like to put back on, it may put you off the idea.

Yes i've been for a hilly walk with a 20 pound weight in a back pack. It was awkward but isn't that due to the weight not being distributed evenly? One of the disadvantages of being underweight is walking in strong winds. Seriously i have to lean into them,whereas when i was heavier they didn't bother me as much.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Mmmmm - fried butter on a stick

_85011519_gettyimages-120869119.jpg

Top Bottom