The digestive, Lord of all biscuits.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broadway

Veteran
I can't let this go on any longer. Digestive with cheese is an abomination and anyone who thinks otherwise should be made to write out 'The only biscuits to have with cheese are Carr's Water Biscuits' ten thousand times.[/QUOTE

And how many lines for someone who writes Carr's Water Biscuits' :smile:

Cheddar George

oober member
I wish i hadn't seen this thread. Biscuits are my one of many achilles heels. I bought a packet of Bixit (hobnob-like) yesterday, and ate them all. 1500kcal, and i was told off by my 3-year-old this morning after he found the empty packet on the bedside table. :thumbsdown:

Eating Hobnob-like biscuits in bed ! ..... :ohmy: What about the crumbs ?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have just had one of these. Most agreeable. :smile:

upload_2014-11-18_16-52-58.jpeg

stephec

Legendary Member
I have just had one of these. Most agreeable. :smile:

View attachment 62040

I remember working at Burton's Biscuits near Cwmbran many years ago.

I visited the staff shop on the way out and bought a box of Wagon Wheels for £3.00 expecting it to be a load of loose ones.

When I got home and opened it up there were 150 individually wrapped jammie ones, I was very popular with the ladies at work for the next few weeks. :smile:

Stephenite

Membå
Eating Hobnob-like biscuits in bed ! ..... :ohmy: What about the crumbs ?
I couldn't help myself. I was in the zone.

Stephenite

Membå
Actually, the whole truth is even more of a testament to the power of biscuits than i would first admit.

I was in the lounge on the sofa eating biscuits. My pregnant gf called me from the bedroom that she needed a hug. Dutifully, i came to her side, held her and told her everything is going to be alright whilst, surreptitiously, holding a half-full packet of hobnob-like Bixits. When she went to sleep i finished the packet. In the dark. :evil:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
My bedtime snack is a mug of skimmed milk and a digestive which I dunk in the milk, holding it partly submerged for a few seconds. I then put it in my mouth and the wet part falls off the dry part, I then suck the milk out of the biscuit before swallowing it. It is simply delightful.

My nephew told me he has an even better trick, using a Penguin biscuit as a straw. He bites the diagonally opposing corners from the Penguin biscuit, puts one corner into a cup of tea and sucks hot tea through the biscuit. After a couple of seconds he puts the Penguin in his mouth and uses his tongue to crush it against the roof of his mouth. I tried it and it is like chocolate flavoured velvet melting in your mouth - exquisite!!!

Mrs M

Guru
:smile:
My bedtime snack is a mug of skimmed milk and a digestive which I dunk in the milk, holding it partly submerged for a few seconds. I then put it in my mouth and the wet part falls off the dry part, I then suck the milk out of the biscuit before swallowing it. It is simply delightful.

My nephew told me he has an even better trick, using a Penguin biscuit as a straw. He bites the diagonally opposing corners from the Penguin biscuit, puts one corner into a cup of tea and sucks hot tea through the biscuit. After a couple of seconds he puts the Penguin in his mouth and uses his tongue to crush it against the roof of his mouth. I tried it and it is like chocolate flavoured velvet melting in your mouth - exquisite!!!

Will need to try that one, love penguins

Top Bottom