The Football Transfers Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
How come?

First time I've heard that.

I have to admit that he wasn't one of my favourite players, the last ball a lot of the time was very disappointing. Great professional though.

Basically never played for them so he could for United. Easily their best player until Bale came along.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I have spoken to Ryan & both points made are correct in their own rights.

He is very approachable, friendly, not at all surly or a prima donna.

He does however have 'that' history.

SeanM

i really hope Liverpool DONT sign Benteke. i just don't think he's good enough, and he's injury prone. But if we do sign him, i hope i'm completely and utterly wrong.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Is Liverpools signing policy just to nick other teams best players and ruin them?

I think the days clubs could rely on home grown players have long gone.

Unless you are a big club other clubs will pinch even the very young players.... they do this even from countries on the other side of the world. A certain player by the name of Messi arrived from Argentina at the tender ager of 14.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Bastian Schweinsteiger seems to be the next Man U signing - Is he the same player of one or two years ago? Hopefully he is, At the right price, Bastian Schweinsteiger, would be a great signing but It's questionable that a player like him would have 5 years at the top so resalable value would be probably very little. This is not the same case as Robin Van Persie, Robin was an excellent signing at £20m for a proven goal scorer.

Is it just me that feels that Louis Van Gaal is not looking beyond two or three years max? Somebody else would need to rebuild the team again.... maybe the Blazers missed the opportunity to sell the club and are now manufacturing another chance.

SeanM

Sterling went to City.

United bring in Bastian Schweinsteiger, and Morgan Schneirerlin and all of a sudden look like they've done some good business.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
The only thing to say is the amount of money being spent on mediocre and older players without much potential sell on is out of this world. Football has gone mad, surely the La Liga and Premier League bubbles will burst sooner or later?

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
The only thing to say is the amount of money being spent on mediocre and older players without much potential sell on is out of this world. Football has gone mad, surely the La Liga and Premier League bubbles will burst sooner or later?
People have been saying that for about 20 years now. While TV companies continue to put gazillions in, and punters continue to pay their subscriptions it probably won't happen.

Top Bottom