The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sunderland hanging on by one fingernail... the Cardiff game will turn it one way or the other.

Delia must be fun to live with just now.

MarkF

Guru
Had to go to Man City and Liverpool and win, you've got to give credit to them, how they must be regretting the Sunderland loss! Thought Liverpool started brilliantly and were going to blow them away, but once Ba scored they visibly wilted and created nowt.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That was a sweet victory - esp' after the close up of the Kop's ludicrous 'European Royalty' banner at the start of the match.

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 3050171, member: 30090"]Unfortunately you can't do a lot against a team that plays 6-3-1.[/QUOTE]

But you have to, if you want to win it, I don't think anything about today's performances, from either team, was any surprise. And the comment is a bit unfair because, during my youth, Liverpool passed back to the keeper ad infinitum on their way to so much success. You were Chelsea.

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 3050187, member: 30090"]Is it me or this the most ridicolous non-sequitur post I have ever read?[/QUOTE]

? You started it, of course you can do something against 6-3-1, Liverpool have torn apart teams trying to contain them lately and if Chelsea hadn't have gained from that unfortunate error, it may well have been a different result. But whining about defensive tactics is sour grapes, needs must..

SpokeyDokey

[QUOTE 3050171, member: 30090"]Unfortunately you can't do a lot against a team that plays 6-3-1.[/QUOTE]

Almost as hard as playing a team with a couple of strikers that go down in the box if you so much as breathe on them I should think.:ohmy:

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 3050205, member: 30090"]I'm not whining about sour grapes merely stating that you cannot do a lot against a team that plays 6-3-1.

And to rebutt this you mention about back passing claiming that we were Chelsea when we played some of the most breathtaking football this league has even known back in the day.:headshake:[/QUOTE]

Liverpool set up to counter attack and have produced some fantastic football. You cannot whine at system designed to thwart that threat, did you want Chelsea to set up to accommodate your system? :blink:

Back in the day Liverpool bored the pants off me, I'd rather watch this Liverpool any day. Liverpool then were masters of the pass back to the keeper, and probably a good reason for the law change.

SpokeyDokey

[QUOTE 3050174, member: 30090"]Absolutely, I was blown away by Chelsea's attacking flair and panache when on the ball.

And to think that the most successful English side in Europe can't boast about thier own European success - the tossers.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Well it always seems a bit rich to me the Mighty Kop's oh so selective memory. Everything that's good about football etc etc. They seem to have forgotten European football's darkest hour that lead to all English teams incurring a 5 year ban. Would be nice to see the Juve fans mentioned every time the 96 are remembered.
[QUOTE 3050210, member: 30090"]Really?[/QUOTE]

I should say so.

AndyRM

XOXO
North of the border, my beloved Killie are facing a playoff place for relegation from the SPL. Should we finish the season there, I am not confident our hapless manager could inspire us to victory against Dundee, Falkirk or Hamilton. It would be particularly painful to lose to Falkirk should they finish runners up in the championship: their manager, Gary 'Three Lungs' Holt is a lifetime Killie fan, with the tattoo to prove it.

On paper we are a decent with the most prolific Scottish striker of all time, Boyd, and one of the most creative midfielders around in Eremenko. We've quality young lads too who are getting regular call ups to the national side at their age level.

Quite why Alan 'Used to be magic, now is tragic' Johnston can't generate a winning formula with such talent available is mystifying. He seems unable to inspire the team and has no backup plan when the normal tactic of 'batter it up to Boyd who might manage to hold and pass, should a player make a run for him' inevitably fail.

Dark times indeed for Scotland's oldest professional club.

Top Bottom