The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I enjoyed Bradford's first season just for the novelty, the 2nd was horrible, I think back and laugh, what on earth were Bradford doing employing Jorge Cadete, Benito Carbone, Dan Petrescu and Stan Collymore? We slid out of the PL with the chairman picking the team and continued to slide to 90th in the football league, via 2 administrations and the loss of our stadium.^_^ Was the PL worth it? Of course not.

The Championship is as high as I'd want City to reach now, but Palace are different, they have huge potential with their location. A new stadium would see Palace move up another level.
I have quite fond memories of the season you were up there, did it come down to the last few games if not the last game and was that the season where Dean Windass was banging in goals as an aging semi injured forward?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I have quite fond memories of the season you were up there, did it come down to the last few games if not the last game and was that the season where Dean Windass was banging in goals as an aging semi injured forward?

Good 'old Dean Windass' ...

MarkF

Guru
Dean Windass? Like a lot of our fans, I could not stand the bloke, he was like a 35 year old teenager, a total git..

It was Liverpool v Chelsea all over again last night, with the home team doing exactly what everybody knew they would and playing right into their opponents hands. A high back line v Modric with Bale & Ronaldo wide either side of him? ^_^

Durian

Über Member
The Toon still miss Kevin Keagan's gung-ho attacking football so I think Moyes would be a mistake.

That was what I was thinking when I mentioned would the fans accept Moyes. Newcastle under keegan were 'if you score three we'll score four', under Moyes it would be more like George Graham at Arsenal, grinding out 1-0 victories without much flair.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Todays Newcastle Evening Chronicle has the headline

P45DUE
with a picture of Pardew and a list of the record-breaking bad runs

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/10-facts-newcastle-united-should-7053420

..of course its that money-grubbing turd Ashley who is the real villian
I reckon its crunch time on saturday when they play Cardiff...
.... if they lose against the bottom club at home when Sunderland beat them 4-0 last Sunday then Pardews got to be sacraficed.
BBC radio newcastles phone ins are full of disgusted toon season ticket holders baying for blood

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The Spanish press were a bit cruel this morning.

This tiresome script did not help him win the Champions League during his three years in Madrid ... nor now with Chelsea

MarkF

Guru
The Spanish press were a bit cruel this morning.

This tiresome script did not help him win the Champions League during his three years in Madrid ... nor now with Chelsea

I think he did as well as he could this season with Chelsea's squad, imagine Man City or Liverpool with Chelsea's forwards!

Hoping for a good game and an Atletico win, it'll be long time before another outsider reaches the CL final. Hopefully, all this means that they won't have to humiliate themselves with movie tie-ins again. (Simeone bottom left) ^_^

AtlMadridSpiderman3.jpg

They have had some great ads:- http://www.weloba.com/article/video-best-spots-in-atletico-de-madrids-adverticement

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Hats off to Sunderland for pulling off what was unthinkable just a few weeks ago when they looked doomed. It means my team Norwich are all but relegated but to be honest we deserve it. If we'd shown half the spirit and fight Sunderland have, we'd have been safe ages ago.

There's just the formality of defeat to Cheslki tomorrow and that will be that for us. Just not good enough, but at least we're not in debt anymore and hopefully can rebuild in the Championship with the guaranteed 6 points from ipswich to look forward to ^_^

brodiej

Veteran
Looks like Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff are going to take legal action as Sunderland weren't docked points.
http://gu.com/p/3pvxj

I know there's a lot of money at stake but the league aren't going to suddenly change their minds and relegate Sunderland

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Looks like Norwich, Fulham and Cardiff are going to take legal action as Sunderland weren't docked points.
http://gu.com/p/3pvxj

I know there's a lot of money at stake but the league aren't going to suddenly change their minds and relegate Sunderland

Shameful. Sunderland fully deserve to stay up. We deserve to go down because we are frankly terrible, and no amount of sour graped legal action will change that!

MarkF

Guru
The Everton v Man City game was a belter, even the ref played well. :smile: Can't see anything other than another 6 points for Man City.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
The Everton v Man City game was a belter, even the ref played well. :smile: Can't see anything other than another 6 points for Man City.
It was great end to end stuff at Goodison yesterday, I am not sure whether it was world class finishers or poor defending by Everton that lost us the game, but very encouraged that we competed toe to toe with such a quality team desperate for the points being within touching distance of the title, hopefully bodes well.

This has been such an amazing season I wouldn't be surprised to see City drop a clanger in one of their two remaining games. If City win both games by a single goal, Liverpool will need to score 12 in 2 games - they can score for fun, but highly unlikely....

Top Bottom