The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Seriously I'll burn my shirt and follow Welling. I've been a Liverpool fan since at least 1974. Cashley is everything I hate about modern football and just isn't Liverpool. I've put up with Gillette and Hicks and watched United lord it over us but I'll never accept Cashley.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Really? At his best he was a glory hunter who was poor at tracking back. Now as I said previously he's not even the best left back at Chelsea. He shares a place with a Rio as someone who is half as good as they think they are.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Id have the devil himself in defence if it shored things up, Cashley has experience which we need back there but think we need a solid centre more urgently, not a winger. A new goalkeeper might be handy too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
We bought Toure for experience.

I agree it needs shoring up but there are better defenders out there than Cashley.

While defensive lapses certainly cost us points I don't think we need to, or should, rush into anything.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I know footballers are paid a lot, some are even worth it but Ashley Cole's whole attitude stinks. Why announce your retirement to the world cos you didn't get picked. Either fight for your place or say nothing.

AndyRM

XOXO
I know footballers are paid a lot, some are even worth it but Ashley Cole's whole attitude stinks. Why announce your retirement to the world cos you didn't get picked. Either fight for your place or say nothing.

All fair points and I agree with you. He's not the first and won't be the last footballer to chuck his toys out the pram. A knowing roll of the eyes and a shrug is all I'll give them these days. And some random bollox on the internet of course :thumbsup:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Oops, Arsenal's FA cup winners bus has been spotted.
I winder if Hull have one hidden away too?

cikoleko

Who will win 'La Liga' title? Barcelona or Atletico? Personally as I'm fan of Barca I'll cheer for them despite the fact that they did so shoot this season and I didn't like most of their games they played...

AndyRM

XOXO
Oops, Arsenal's FA cup winners bus has been spotted.
I winder if Hull have one hidden away too?

I love these non-stories, created out of nothing because some bellend with a rubbish camera phone has uploaded a picture for the #topbantz. Of course they've got a bus made and a route planned, as have Hull. Planning and executing this stuff can't be done in a few hours after a football match.

Here's Hull's route, a - http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/201314-fa-cup-final-provisional-parade-plans-1552914.aspx

AndyRM

XOXO
Who will win 'La Liga' title? Barcelona or Atletico? Personally as I'm fan of Barca I'll cheer for them despite the fact that they did so **** this season and I didn't like most of their games they played...

Hadn't realised it was a winner takes all scenario between Barca and Atletico, could be an exciting game!

U

User482

No surprise at all. Whatever his ability as a coach, how can a Board work with someone who sounds off whenever a journalist pokes a microphone under his nose? When you are sticking your hands right to the very bottom of your pockets to fund the club, it must be galling to have the manager shouting the odds every Saturday about what you should and shouldn't be paying for. Same with Malky Mackay, who behaved like an idiot in public.

I thought Mackay behaved with a great deal of dignity most of the time, considering he was being publicly undermined by his chairman.

Sherwood was never going to last given Levy's trigger-happy nature, but at least he provided some entertainment along the way.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I love these non-stories, created out of nothing because some bellend with a rubbish camera phone has uploaded a picture for the #topbantz. Of course they've got a bus made and a route planned, as have Hull. Planning and executing this stuff can't be done in a few hours after a football match.

That is true, but it adds to the fun of the schadenfreude when it goes wrong for your rivals. Until a few days ago all we had heard for weeks was how great it was that Liverpool had won their first title for 24 years. Loads of them had booked off Monday 12th May for the victory parade....this photo appeared on Facebook, now I know you need a bus (or 2 in Chelsea's case) but that shirt isn't essential planning.....it is counting chickens before they are hatched!!

10247257_10152537287264050_6388332625675867656_n.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Don't get me wrong, I love the fun of the schadenfreude (nice phrase by the way) it just makes me laugh and frustrates me at the same time the way the media dress things up and manipulate people.

Top Bottom