The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and miss a hat full.....:okay:

Still not a bad strike/success rate tho.

MarkF

Guru
What a day! I'd booked off work for the play offs, I like to see Gijon as much as possible. :angry: Real Betis Bolompie (love it) were already up as champions, Girona were second, Gijon were in 3rd spot with them needing to win by at least 2 and Girona not to win, to go up, but Girona were at home to no hopers CF Lugo.

Here's where "morbo" kicks in, Real Betis and Sporting Gijon, despite being at opposite ends of the country, are in total love. So Betis give up from minute one and let Gijon rum amok, but all to no avail as Girona are soon 1-0 up. Gijon go on to win 0-3 and as the game ends Girona v Lugo enters injury time, Lugo score! Girona go immediately up the other end and score, it's ruled out, fans go mental, linesman hit on the bonce with a bottle........game ends well late and Gijon are up into La Liga. Here are the Gijon players celebrating with their fans, the Betis fans, only in Spain! ^_^

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Quote from 'Arry on Rio Ferdinand -

“I’d like to see him as manager of West Ham. I’d go with him as director of football – that would be a good partnership. I’d love to see him get the opportunity somewhere, he’s young and enthusiastic."

It would be funny if it weren't for the tiny but terrifying chance of it actually happening.

AndyRM

XOXO
Quote from 'Arry on Rio Ferdinand -

“I’d like to see him as manager of West Ham. I’d go with him as director of football – that would be a good partnership. I’d love to see him get the opportunity somewhere, he’s young and enthusiastic."

It would be funny if it weren't for the tiny but terrifying chance of it actually happening.

In the same interview he went on to say he rates Di Canio as a manager. He's totally lost the plot.

Has Ron Greenwood retired?

Top Bottom