The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I never thought I'd say this in a footballing context, but well done England. Played really well and third is a creditable, if meaningless, result.

Really raised the profile of a lot of players and I hope ladies football in general, in this country at least where it seems to be held in contempt at times.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I never thought I'd say this in a footballing context, but well done England. Played really well and third is a creditable, if meaningless, result.

Really raised the profile of a lot of players and I hope ladies football in general, in this country at least where it seems to be held in contempt at times.
I was impressed enough to stay up and watch some of the games. Last night's was absorbing and really pleasantly surprised by the standard - if that doesn't sound too patronising.
In other news, I see that Robbie Keane, David Villa, Kevin Doyle and Kaka all scored in the MLS yesterday. Funny old world innit, football.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Paid £2 Million and am led to believe 25% sell on clause. Not really fussed about Clyne leaving he gave us three good years and got in the England team, so harbour no ill will towards him in the future , We have his replacement already in place. We paid him more to join us than he got at Palace and Liverpool are probably doubling that. Most of us would move jobs in similar circumstances. It's frustrating that its Liverpool, yet again, but they've yet to get anything like value out the three LLL's last season so am hoping something similar will happen with Clyne. Rodgers made some silly statements about our so called firesale/meltdown last year so watching him fail is all the more satisfying. The sum of the whole with the ethos we have as a club is bigger than the constituent individuals, so I expect us to be around where we were last season even with EL commitments.
Great to see anti-Liverpool feeling from around the country, although as a Southampton fan you have good reason with them plundering your club the last 2 close seasons, my disdain for them is based purely on nothing more rational than my life's 2 great passions; loving Everton and hating Liverpool.

MarkF

Guru
I have an irrational dislike of Brendan Rodgers, its started to spill over for the whole club.

Our ST sales have gone very well, over 18000 at the mo', with one small stand for away fans and space left for walk up's, that pretty much sells out Valley Parade. Amazing for division three footie. :smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was impressed enough to stay up and watch some of the games. Last night's was absorbing and really pleasantly surprised by the standard - if that doesn't sound too patronising.
I watched it too and didn't enjoy the spirit in which it was played. There were too many people having a Popp at others.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just secured tickets for Lovely Wife and I to toddle off to Newcastle on 26 Sept to watch The Champions do rather better than the last couple of visits there:rolleyes:.

Never been there before and I didn't realise that us 'away' fans are consigned to such a high altitude!

Roll on August! I'm missing the angst of matchday....

AndyRM

XOXO
Just secured tickets for Lovely Wife and I to toddle off to Newcastle on 26 Sept to watch The Champions do rather better than the last couple of visits there:rolleyes:.

Never been there before and I didn't realise that us 'away' fans are consigned to such a high altitude!

It's not too bad, I've sat just under the away end before and while you're miles away you do get a full view of the pitch.

Lots of good food and booze recommendations if you want 'em.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Take an oxygen tank with you. High altitude is no exaggeration.

Anyway.. sad to see McEachran go (To Brentford), he was first team material easy.

Jimmy Murray died today. He scored Scotland's first ever World Cup goal
CJla8xBWwAAe2MS.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Got to miss our opening game at Morten to take customers to Man Utd. Hard choice - decrepit Cappielow with it's ramshackle stand, tiny seats and bodawful facilities or an executive box, free bar and three course meal?

I'd also like to add (since I am píssed, or working my way towards it) that I farking despise what has happened to football/business and that I cannot be bothered watching "technical" football - a lot of fúcking shite. Fitba' is as much about mistakes as anything else. I'd rather watch a game of 5 or 6 goals (or even 2 or 3!) than a 0-0 draw where everyone made no mistakes.

I thought last years World Cup was great. I do not care what happens in Europe, England Premier as I find it dull - I know it is different for fans of the teams - and "top" Scottish football is even worse as they cannae play a decent game but think they can! A right shower of cúnts!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd also like to add (since I am píssed, or working my way towards it) that I farking despise what has happened to football/business and that I cannot be bothered watching "technical" football - a lot of fúcking shite. Fitba' is as much about mistakes as anything else. I'd rather watch a game of 5 or 6 goals (or even 2 or 3!) than a 0-0 draw where everyone made no mistakes.

I thought last years World Cup was great. I do not care what happens in Europe, England Premier as I find it dull - I know it is different for fans of the teams - and "top" Scottish football is even worse as they cannae play a decent game but think they can! A right shower of cúnts!

Glorious.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Accy play local big club Blackburn Rovers tomorrow. http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2015/07/stanley-blackburn-rovers/
It's always a friendly affair with fans mingling with each other in the pub and during the game. Next week we play local side Burnley. I wont be going. They fill the ground, with many of their fans half cut looking for trouble.:thumbsdown:
When people talk about football rivalries and compare how fierce that rivalry is in certain places, they usually talk of the big ones, such as Everton v Liverpool, Man City v Man Utd, Celtic v Rangers, Arsenal v Spurs etc, but I used to work with a bloke who came from Blackburn who used to say such games were tense and the rivalry was fierce, but if you want to see pure hatred try Blackburn v Burnley. There are probably several others with less prominent clubs that are equally fierce and a bit more than the big names.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Got to miss our opening game at Morten to take customers to Man Utd. Hard choice - decrepit Cappielow with it's ramshackle stand, tiny seats and bodawful facilities or an executive box, free bar and three course meal?
Bog all wrong with Scapa Flow...
best surface and sad surroundings..
yeah, you are right..
Mon the 'Ton:okay:

I saw aprt of the U19s(?) game on Eurosport last night, Russia v Spain..
Russian captain gestured to the Ref asking for a card for the Spanish player as he'd handled the ball..
Ref gives a card
to the Russian..
he's had a previous yellow so off..

Top Bottom